This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sunrise/Sunset widget glance

Now that the Forerunner 245M has widget glances does anyone know how to get this sunrise/sunset widget to appear?  Doesn't seem to be there by default. Thanks.

• Did you already have it as a widget prior to getting glances? If you did, it should be displayed. If not, you have to add it to your widget list. It's not a widget set as default in glances. 

• Which widget is it then? As none of My Day, Weather or Sun & Moon display like this.

• It's Garmin's Sun & Moon widget.  Are you by chance using the Sun & Moon widget by gasteropod?  I haven't tried that widget and I don't know how it displays in glances if that's the case.

• It's Garmins Sun & Moon widget I've got, but it just shows the below in glances...

• Another user was unable to get altitude data from their 245 unless they had a GPS connection.  Maybe this is the same with the Sun & Moon widget?  What happens if you start an activity with GPS and then look at glances?

• unless they had a GPS connection.  Maybe this is the same with the Sun & Moon widget?

That's a good question.  I'm using a 945 and F6 and they both display without GPS connected.  Maybe through Bluetooth?  It's possible the 245 needs a GPS connection to download the data from your location and then store it on the watch as you can look at data a couple days in advance.

• Yeah had seen that. Tried starting off GPS and makes no difference. It should (I believe) get my location from my phone via Bluetooth so GPS shouldn't make a difference. The information is there if I click into the widget, it just isn't showing in the glances for some reason.

• For CIQ widgets, not all have the added code for glances yet.  For those, you just see the icon and the widget name, but when it's in the center of the screen, pressing the upper right button opens them in full screen mode.

• For CIQ widgets, not all have the added code for glances

Does this pertain to devices also?  The code needs to be written for the same widget per device? The widget in question is Garmin's Sun & Moon widget, not 3rd party. It displays info in glances on my F6 and 945, but ajmurg is unable to obtain any info while in glances on the 245.

• This is what I don't really get, that it displays on 945 especially (given that glances were added via update on the 945 just as they were on the 245).

Would be interested to know what anyone else with a 245 sees on widget glances.