This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Phone/Connectivity issues

I am from Australia and have a Forerunner 245 Music.  This morning I did an update on my mobile phone (Samsung Galaxy S10).  It was a security patch update.  Since the update I have not been able to connect my watch to either my phone (through Garmin Connect) or my laptop (through Garmin Express).

On my phone Garmin Connect identifies the watch and commences connecting.  It only get part way through the connection before saying "Pairing Failed - Set up was not successful."

On the laptop I get the message - "Request Error - Sorry, we are having a problem communicating with our servers."

Any advice or assistance would be appreciated.

• Did you get a response on this as i have exactly the same issue in the UK

• Hi sario50, I received the following response from Garmin: 

With the issue you have outlined with your Forerunner 245 Music we recommend going through and performing a master reset on your phone and re-pairing the device to your mobile phone.

1. Hold down the Up button to open the Menu.
    2. Once the Menu opens, scroll up and select System.
    3. In the System settings, scroll down and select Reset.
    4. To factory reset your Garmin Forerunner 245, select Delete Data and Reset Settings.
    5. Your Garmin Forerunner 245 has now hard reset and will need to be setup.

In the end I didn't need to do a factory reset as about a day after I submitted the issue to the forum (and emailed Garm Support) I (randomly) attempted to pair/sync the watch with Garmin Connect and it worked. I don't understand how it worked as I did not change anything from how I had previously attempted to pair/sync. It is working fine now (as is my girlfriends).

I received the above response from Garmin about a day after I was able to resolve it myself. 

Good luck.