This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Running Data Field (installed but can't see it)

Hello,

I have downloaded & installed 2 data fields for running (single screen). when checking using the mobile app I see them as installed!

clicking on "run" and then trying to choose the data screen, I don't see them! how can I actually choose to use them during a run ?

I know it seems like a silly question, but I have googled it, checked the manual, and still nothing gets me the answer I need.

appreciate any help!

thanks.

• Well, if these data fields are single screen, then you won't be able to add them to data screens that have more than one field.

• You'll be able to add it, but it won't look that great!

I think the basic things here is it's not being added to a data screen

When you're in an activity like "run", long press the up button and you get a menu.  Select "run Settings", then "data screens".  You can scroll though your screens, and where you want to add it, press the upper right button - there's a pencil there.  Then you can select the layout (you will one to select one field), then move to "field 1" and select it.  There you'll see "Connect IQ fields", select that, and the field you want.

• 's response is spot on -- I always forget that to get the "single field" data field working you have to add it to a "single field" screen!  However I can confirm from experience that once you do that, selecting all the various options (HR, distance, etc.) from the phone app allows you to pick a variety of options and they do fill the whole watch face.  Thumbsup

• Same query for me.  Downloaded an ebike data fields app, and connect says it is installed on my fenix 3.  Unfortunately, I have no clue how to use it, or find it, or do anything at all with it.  I have the standard bike ride app already installed and working, but no clue how this "Ebike Data Fields" Data field is supposed to work.  Have searched online for a solution without success.  There are some attempts to explain "Data Fields", and I get what they are, but don't know whether the ebike data fields would be part of my normal bike app, or another app, or .....  Totally confused.  Tried to contact the developer the app, JanCapek, but got a page asking me to login from Mainland China!  I am not in mainland China, so just adds to the confusion.

• Can’t I add an other single screen for my new data screen I have downloaded?

I only find map, run dynamics and so on and they all have multiple fields.

seems like I only can use one I have ie pulse, and I want to have that too?

Damn I have googled my self senseless:)

• I kind of figured it out, I had to take a pre existing screen, and chance layout to single screen and then I could add IQ and flip through it. Thus it seems like there’s a fixed number of screen you can have, and I can’t add more, just change on of the existing ones.
    Why can you have loads of watch faces but not loads of data screens?

• Why can you have loads of watch faces but not loads of data screens?

That may not be the best comparison since you can only have one active watchface at a time, and the limitation here is on the number of data screens you can have at the same time.

Anyway, my guess is this is a Garmin market segmentation thing, where only the high end watches let you add a ton of data pages.

As a former owner of a 630, IIRC you could only have 2 data pages (and the 230/235 had the same limit.) With the next generation they upped the limit somewhat afaik (4?), but it's still nowhere near as much as the 935's limit (which is something like 12 or more than most ppl would ever need).

Basically they want you to buy a 945 or Fenix if you want more simultaneous data pages IMO. (Although it's interesting that the limit is never advertised on any Garmin spec sheet.)

Another limit that causes a lot of frustration is the limit of 2 Connect IQ (third-party) data fields per activity, which applies to almost every watch.

• Ahh, thank you.
    sorry missed your answer, not really use to this forum yet :)
    So its not just me then, its a real issue, and not just that i cant get how its done.

I have done just that that Garmin says in the link " Customize data screens"
    www8.garmin.com/.../GUID-638CD68D-11B0-4D9C-B8B7-E28D15EC4566.html
    And i'm trying to add a "new" data screen, but i can only choose from "virtual partner", "map", "run dynamics 1", "run dynamics 2". (i guess that is the only ones i can use then)
    that's it.
    So I have to choose a existing single field that I'm already using to be able to add a custom IQ data screen in.
    But this is correct then. I have to make do withe just these ones then.

But you are saying that FR 945 give you more?
    Maybe that is one more thing that will make me trade up Slight smile
    I already am interested in getting barometer temperature and lactate test, and better battery.

Damn, i have t trade up...