This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How can I get 'Pace' & 'Distance' Audio prompts every mile Instead of every 'X' Minutes from Connect IQ (Forerunner 245)?

I have a Forerunner 245 (non-Music) and Connect IQ on my Android phone. I figured out how to get audio prompts through my ear buds connected to my phone for my running pace every 1 to 10 minutes or something like that. I set it up to to tell me my pace every 9 minutes. But it doesn't tell me distance. And it doesn't trigger the audio prompts on one mile increments.

I'm used to and prefer to get an audio prompt noting both 'Pace' and 'Distance' specifically every Mile.

Question: Any way I can set up the Connect IQ app to do announce pace and miles run based on 1 mile increments?

Question: Or is there a setting on the 245 itself that sets it to alert or vibrate every mile and I can look down and read it?

thanks,

• Wrong forum again, This one is for Garmin Connect Mobile Android. You apparently use Garmin Connect IQ, which is a different application and people here are not familiar with it.

• Wrong forum again

Again? I guess I missed my previous post.

• Question: Or is there a setting on the 245 itself that sets it to alert or vibrate every mile and I can look down and read it?

Moved to Running/Multisport > Forerunner 245 Series

• Again? I guess I missed my previous post.

Sorry, I probably mistook you for someone else with similar numeric name, who posted the same question just a few minutes before you on a wrong forum, too. If it was not you, I apologize for the word "again".

• tl;dr  AFAIK the pulldown menu with prompt time intervals has the option "Lap" up at the top which is easy to miss!

Since this question is still here in the 245 forum:

When I go to (in the phone app)...

Settings -> Garmin Devices -> Forerunner 245 -> Activity Options -> Audio Prompts -> Pace or Speed Alerts -> Alert Frequency 

up at the top of the subsequent pulldown menu is "Lap" which should alert every mile if your device is setup to automatically count miles as laps.  I wasn't able to spot "distance" alerts but if the prompt is every mile it might give you the total count at that point.  Another caveat (sorry if this is obvious) but as you're navigating through settings, various options need to be turned on in order for the choices above to show up, e.g., "Pace or Speed Alerts" needs to be enabled in order for "Alert Frequency" to appear.

• Thanks gadgetrants! I now have in the Connect IQ app "Alert Frequency" set to "Lap". And on the 245 itself I have "Auto Lap" setting ON and set to 1.00 miles. 

So based on these settings I'm guessing it will announce lap 1, 2, etc. which would should be pretty much the same thing as I was looking for.

I'll give it a shot next week on my runs and see how it goes - thanks again!

• It worked! It says "Lap" instead of "mile" of course but it worked

• It worked! It says "Lap" instead of "mile" of course but it worked

Beautiful.  Thumbsup