This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Watch not auto syncing my cycling activities

Hello,

I use an Edge 830 to record my cycling activities and the Garmin Forerunner 245 for my heart rate. I'm currently not happy with how they sync with another as my cycling activities from the Edge do not automatically sync to my watch. I've discovered to my dismay, that the only way to have my cycling activities visible on my watch is to open the Connect app and wait until my watch is finished with syncing with the connect app on my phone. Is your experience different than mine? I find it hard to believe.

I have not done any running to see if the converse also is no different. 

Regards

Top Replies

All Replies

• The Edge and Forerunner are unable to sync directly to one another. They will need to sync to your account by Garmin Connect Mobile or Garmin Express before this information can be sent to another device. 

• OK I understand, but why does the Connect app need to be opened manually for the watch to sync with the new data made available by the Edge. Couldn't this also happen in the background? The Connect app should automatically send to my watch any new data added by the Edge without me having to manually open the app. 

• Hi there, I'm having the same issue and frustration as you, although I can't even work out how to sync the watch from my phone app, can you tell me in a bit more details what you do? It's terribly annoying I agree.