This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 245 Music freezes while using PacePro Plan

My Forerunner 245 Music froze today while using a PacePro Plan, then came back alive after 1K! The watch froze at the exact moment that it should have jumped from ahead to behind vs. the target time, although this could just have been a coincidence. Course navigation was enabled. Music continued to play but the up and down button did not function during the freeze period.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/4374014697

• My hearth rate graph seems to have also frozen. After the activity, it kept on registering a heart rate of about 156 although my heart rate dropped to about 60. I needed tot restart my watch in order to solve this.

• I had the same issue today. I got mad because I lost what was probably my best 1km pace so far Disappointed

• I had this happen to me last weekend in the last half mile of my longest run ever. It’s really frustrating. It happened again this morning at the start of my run,  but I didn’t want to wait for it to unfreeze so I did a hard reset of the watch. What is going on? Did they ever have a fix?

• Yeah, I got a similar issue. Watch froze but music kept playing normally. Maybe using too much memory at the same time? They should have tested this.

• Happened to me too - everything froze, then started again about 10 mins later, then froze again. Very frustrating as I was trying for a 10k PB... will stick to a manual program in the future as the tech’s clearly not ready.

• It has happened to me twice in the last week. Both long runs (20k plus) and the second time it froze right at the start. The solution Garmin gave me didnt work and they haven't responded to follow ups. 

• Agreed, I have had this happened on 3 different long runs in the past 3 months, including a marathon PR attempt yesterday.  It almost always starts freezing around mile 13-14 on each run I’ve tried to use it on. Will probably stop trying to use this feature. For my marathon yesterday I did use my phone for music thinking that it could have been Spotify on my watch bogging download the PacePro feature.  The 245m doesn’t seem to have the processor power to run it, course navigation, and all the other calculations happening at once.

• It´s same for me. 245 music, after update to 5.50 the music to my earpods startet to be inrrupted. Never happened before update.

It´s is very annoying and is there any solution to this problem ?

• 2022 with latest SW update and had the same issue with the 245.

Garmin did nothing to fix this 

• Similar problem here. Forerunner 245 Music.. a few weeks ago was going for a half marathon PR, and it froze almost immediately. Similar today when going for a marathon. I rarely run a marathon, so it kind of sucks the activity is not complete. I didn't spend much time debugging the problem; it seemed not a single button was responsive. Did a forced shutdown and restart. However, in both cases it took a very long time for the GPS to get a signal (~20 minutes), luckily my foot pod was able to measure distance/speed. Also, when I could start using the PacePro plan, it didn't give me my time ahead/behind. Only my planned pace (not very helpful). 

I plan to clear the memory (of activities and other stuff) to see if that helps.