This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Heart Rate Monitoring stopped working

Garmin 245 is barely one month old and since yesterday HR monitor has stopped working. In HR widget, I see only three dash instead of reading ---.

I have checked all settings- HR recording is on. Activity tracking is on. I switched these on/off to see if this revives HR. No result.

I have tried restarting watch multiple times. Green light blinks for a moment and later no actively.

Done soft reset on watch- no result

During these efforts it came to life once and started showing HR readings but soon went dead after few seconds.

I have seen multiple treads saying their HR monitor is dead.

My software is 3.10 and seems in India 3.70 version is yet to be available.

Is this defective watch or software issue? Any solutions?

Thanks

• i bought my unit on 30 september - the last time my 245M showed a HRM reading was 7/8 Nov.

i was also waiting for v3.70 to be released, but like you, it isn't available here in singapore yet.

so yesterday i took the time off to go to the local service centre, where one of the staff looked at my unit and tried to reset it for me - no go - and then replaced for a new unit with firmware 2.80 in it (which was updated automatically to 3.10 by Express)... and so far my replacement unit is working fine now.

• I think i too will have to seek replacement. 

If I remove watch and keep away for at least hour or so and then put on wrist, hr monitor comes to life but after few minutes to hour or so it stops again.

• you're lucky - my defective unit just lights up the green LEDs for less than 5 sections... then blacks out.

the "Measuring..." words in the heart rate widget also becomes "---" as well.

imagine one month of warranty gone just for that :-p

• No luck, it is just a ordinary watch now. No hr, no sleep tracking, no proper activity data without hr. Completely useless.

• I’ve used my Vivoactive 3 music for 3 days and all of a sudden yesterday the heart rate monitor completely stopped and so to has the step count today, like you I now just have a watch!

• If both have stopped, probably activity tracking is turned off. Go to device setting and check if activity tracking button is turned on

• This might be a super late reply.

I noticed that when I include HRM tracking on my watch face (whichever one you choose) it appears that that HRM keeps tracking as it normally should (somehow this keeps the watch actively tracking your pulse).

My 245 Music was having the same issues of the HRM working for a while and then just stopped. I could see the sensor comes on briefly when restarting the watch or when plugging in the charging cable. So it could be that it's a software issue. Was playing around with the watch faces and found the possible solution above.

Hope this helps.

• This happened to me recently. My HR monitor was saying -- and my watch also suddenly stopped recording my steps. Under Settings>About, keep scrolling across until you see HR and Sensor Hub. Mine were 0.00 which seemed a bit odd. I called Garmin and they didn't know and suggested that the watch was defective and oftered me a factory refurbished one for $200. It seemed like more of a software issue to me so I downloaded the latest software and followed the prompts. It involved unzipping the software and then dragging a few files across to my device. I'd recommend using a computer rather than the Garmin connect website. Has fixed the issue for me!

• I'm still lost. Been using Garmin Express, still cant do what youre talking about...?