This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

FR 245 Music won't sync with Garmin app

Purchased watch a month ago, all was working fine. Then a few days ago it stopped syncing properly with the app. No green dot on the watch symbol at the top of the app page.

Tried turning on/off and resetting both the phone (Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus) and the watch several times, but didn't help. Strangely, I could use the watch to do an activity and then it would

connect/link to my strava, but other than that it wouldn't. Tried unpairing but now it won't find the watch at all. Tried resetting factory settings, it appeared to be working but then stopped. Watch

was still able to connect to my headphones (until the re-set deleted all the music, and can't now add anything new as it needs the app to do that) and phone bluetooth also works fine. Anyone 

else encountered this?

• I recently got a FR 245 without Music, the first week everything worked perfectly fine till one day it decided to stop syncing properly with the phone.

It is still reading and showing real time HR properly, but the sleep, stress, body battery etc stopped syncing and not showing that information, when looking at that information on the watch, it does show up and it seems like the info is there but is not being sent over to the phone.

Is anyone else having this issue?

• Yep, it's really annoying.

Not a cheap watch. Purchased a couple weeks ago. 

Now on lockdown and can't return, but I've emailed to ask if can guarantee a full refund.

It seems like it's an issue across the boards (read the reviews for the spotify app within the garmin connect store....) yet they are still selling the watches as if there's no problem.

I get an error whenever I try to sign in to Spotify (the whole reason i bought the watch)

Rubbish, overpriced. Would rather go without (or get an Apple Watch instead)

• I bought the FR 245 Music about 6 weeks ago. For the first couple of weeks the watch and app synced correctly. Since then the watch will not sync with the app. I have tried rebooting both and repairing but the problem persists. I’ve also experienced my Spotify account mysteriously disappear from the watch and replaced by Deezer which I’ve never used.

Garmin has a great reputation amongst runners but my own experience of this particular watch so far has been very underwhelming and I feel cheated out of close to £300.