This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 245 problematic HR

Hello 

While I am testing preinstalled apps and HR to figure out what's happening, i discovered that "Cardio" HR does not work well. I attach you a video which shows that even i don't do any workout, just sitting at café and starting "Cardio", HR rises to ~110bpm. My HR, barely was about 75bpm but this raises for no reason to 110.

Moreover if i set "Other" and do CrossFit sessions, HR does not go above ~110bpm. I attach you my 245 and Honor Band 5 which shows HR deviation at crossfit session.
Does anyone can reproduce same bugs or it's just my watch?
  • Hi Yiankos,

I just tested the "Cardio" Profil on my 245M. The HR goes up to ~100bpm from ~70bpm for no reason like your watch. After 30 - 60 seconds it goes to ~70bpm again and stays in this HR Area. Does your watch goes back to "normal" after a 1-2 minutes? It looks like the watch is doing some kind of calibration when you start "Cardio".

Did you make a "Hard Reset" after installing FW 3.70?

• Hello,

Thank you for the answer, I have already did hard reset after installed this version but with no luck. I tried what you said and I waited about 5 minutes, HR raised to 150bpm and never dropped to "normal".

• Hello from Turkey. I've just tried my watch and haven't seen any problem with HR readings on any workout profile. I have the latest software, 3.70. 

Actually after software 3.46, my watch performs fantastic job in terms of HR accuracy, i'm so content with it. It's almost  as accurate as a chest strap. While my grandma was in the hospital due to some cardiological problems, i took my watch on my grandma's wrist and tested both HR and Spo2 accuracy. It was exactly the same with what the medical device was showing.

You may have a defective unit.

• Thank you for the answer. I will try to get a refund. I 've been waiting 3 months for a fix with no luck.