This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 245 music - spotify not working

I just bought a whole new forerunner 245 music (software version 370 - November 2019) and want to use it with Spotify. According to garmin this should work.

I have downloaded the manual and it says that it is possible. So I am now trying to install the app from Connect IQ. The forerunner 245 Music is in the compatibles list.

I have gone through all the steps. I get a neat message from the forerunner 245 music that the installation was successful, but the spotify app is not working. If I press the UP key, nothing happens. The spotity app is clearly visible in the configuration, but does not work. If I install Deezer instead, it will work. Also tried from another cell phone.

I would like to know when Spotify can be used on the Forerunner 245 music. According to garmin it should work but to no avail!

Please help !! Did anyone get this working??

• yes nightmare. I want to return it immediately but... am in lockdown.

SO rubbish it's not exactly cheap and you pay extra for music that doesn't work

• Mine was working perfectly for 3 months, Spotify just disappeared from the watch 2 days ago when I charged it. Still shows in Garmin Express, as if it is on the watch but it's not. I didn't do anything, my Spotify subscription is still in date... cannot understand what has happened???

• Lol, i've never tried to restart my watch. After i did, spotify worked again. no issues anymore.

• My wife and I were having issues with both our watches. She has a brand new Forerunner 245 Music, I have a Vivoactive 3 Music.

Neither of us could get a Spotify playlist to download over our home WiFi.

We have an Arris modem/router, so we decided to try something similar.

I turned on the hotspot on my iPhone.  I connected to the hotspot via the Garmin App on said iPhone and let the watch connect at well. I went through the steps, and instead of my watch telling me "No internet connection" it said to plug in and put close to router.  So I plugged it in, placed it near my phone, went through the steps again and it worked. 

My wife who had previously tried to connect to her work iPhone's hotspot to download unsuccessfully, followed the same method of connecting to the hotspot via her Garmin app on her personal phone.  It worked for her Forerunner as well.

Seems as if our issue was, like yours, caused by the modem/router.
    I wonder how many others having issues are using the same modem/router... or whatever setting within the Arris/Vodafone routers are causing the connectivity issues are set the same in other routers/modems and causing the same issues with other watches. 

So our solution was:

1)Plug in watch
    2) Open hotspot capability on your iPhone
    3) Connect your Garmin app to the mobiel hotspot WiFi. 
    4) Then let your watch connect/sync to mobile hotspot WiFi. 
    5) Commence downloading of Spotify playlist.

• Same here. Thanks for sharing! This issue was driving me crazy Disappointed

• Same problem with Spotify and Deezer. But if you must connect to your phone wifi and lost data caps is the only solution I can't recommend Garmin to all sport-music lovers.

• I was able to install the spotify app but unable to download songs from spotify.  However, after I restart my watch.  I can download playlist without problems.

• IF YOUR MUSIC WON'T SYNC OR STOPS AFTER 1-5%, GET ON A HOTSPOT!!!! I've been so confused and angered due to my new watch not downloading music on my wifi... switched to a hotspot and it immediately started to download all of it!

• Thank you so much. It helped us as well.. We connected the watch to a hotspot on the phone it was connected to, and then it started downloading. To try to make a hotspot on the phone, and not connect the watch to a router. 

• Mine still isn't working even when on a hotspot.. has anyone had any success with any other solutions? I have tried to uninstall/reinstall, log in again, hotspot/wifi, restarting both phone and watch.. still no luck