This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Weather App waiting for data

Hi all,

I have a strange behavior, I get the weather data only for one day, then I received the lovely message "Waiting for Data" and no weather info will show anymore.

First, if I turn off and turn on the watch, it works for one day (work a round:-) ).

Has someone the same issue?

Regards

Patrick

• Both my wife and I are having this issue. 

• I have the same issue. Weather widget shows only waiting for data. Watch is connected with my iPhone. Location is set on always on and the connect app is running in the background (not completely closed) it worked fine since a couple of weeks ago.

Reinstalling the connect app on the phone restarting the watch will work for a very short time.

• I’m having exactly the same issue, everything enabled and no data, if I do a reset it works for a day then stops again! My software on both the phone and watch are fully up to date as well 

• I worked with Garmin Support on this and their suggestion solved it for me. Delete your paired device from within the Garmin Connect app (do NOT use any of your phone's bluetooth settings for any of this - just THE APP),  and then re-connect your watch, again using only Garmin Connect. I've suggested this a few times with other posts and every time, like mine, this seemed to resolve every single person's issue.
    One note is that you'll have to re-install any payment cards you might have stored in Garmin Pay (if you use it) but otherwise all your data will return, intact. At least it did for me..... Good luck!

• My issue was solved by disable and enable the mobile data for garmin connect app under ios settings, only

(I don't know, if it was luck, or if it was related to another settings). Anywhere, it is solved now.

• First of all, Garmin Connect must have the permission to use location services on your phone always or when the app is in use (with the second setting, you need to have the app running to get wether data, with the first setting, it should be enough to have the watch connected to your phone). 

Despite the correct settings, I also had the same issue and I was able to solve it by unpairing and repairing the device in Garmin Connect. Its not a 100% permanent fix because some time later it happened again and I had to go through the unpairing/repairing again. However, it has been steadily working in the last 2 weeks or so.

I also noticed that the Weather widget needs a long time to update in the morning to get the data. When I give it enough time (about 20 minutes), the weather data will appear eventually.

• Im having same issue. Tried all the steps listed here to no avail. Pretty frustrating that you spend $300+ on a watch and weather feature doesn't work.

• Exact same issue.  Tried what Neil posted, still not working.  Very disappointed with Garmin.  Not going to recommend at anyone.

• Didn’t work for me (but it was a pretty thing to try)

• Updating the app permission on my android phone solved the problem for me.

Thanks a bunch!