This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

wifi error 0200 FR245M. Cannot download spotify playlists

I can connect to wifi network, however i cannot download any song on spotify. I used three different WIFI networks, re installed spotify, on/off FR 245M, change/ updated the password, nothing works. I can listen to music downloaded via garmin express, but no spotify at all... any solution?

• I get the same error with ny new FR245M. I'm able to install the Spotify app, authorize it and see my playlists on my watch. When I click the start button to add a playlist (even a small one), the watch keeps searching for a wifi netwotk and after a minute or so the wifi error 0200 is displayed. 

This is a brand new FR245M running on software 3.10.  The error is displayed whatever wifi network I use: the protected network at home, or the open/free wifi at work.

On my previous FR245M, which was replaced under warranty, I have used the sync option (in May/June this year) on the same wifi networks.

I have tried the authorisation of the Spotify app via my Android phone (running on 8.1.0) and also (after removving the Spotify app on the watch) via my iPad running on iOS 13.1.2.

• Ik have exactly  the same problem with my new Garmin Venu. And When I read the Spotify app app reviews on Garmin connect IQ I are that there are a lot more people with the same problem. Ik hope Garmin or Spotify wil Fox this problem and inform us about the status of the problem. 

• This is bigger problem than the Spotify app. Hassiq and the watch it self do have wifi problems (for more than a week now); https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/healthandwellness/f/venu/194721/wifi-is-not-working

• We would first recommend any user seeing this symptom perform a hard reset (hold power button for 15 seconds) before turning the device back on and trying again. 

If this is unsuccessful, we will need to know the following information. 

1. Has this device ever synced on the failing network?
    2. Is this a home or public network?
    3. Do you have another network available to try? 
    4. What SW version is your 245 running? 
  • Same for the Garmin Venu? 

• Yes, this would apply to any Garmin music-enabled device. We would ask however that extended conversations be kept within the forum for that product. 

• A hard reset does not solve the issue with wifi/Spotify.

1. No, syncing via wifi does not seem to work at all. I have added 4 networks to my fr245m. Syncing only works via Bluetooth.

2. I have added 2 home networks and 2 open/free ones. All at seperate geographic locations. Adding the networks to my fr245m and filling in my credentials went well, however syncing via wifi (with bluetooth of) results in the wifi 0200 error. All these networks work okay for other mobile devices.

I can look up the technical details/protocols for these home networks if needed.

3 Yes, I have tried 4 networks in total. None are working for my new fr245m.

4. 3.10 (e64de37)

additional note: In had a fr245m which was replaced under warranty because of a white dot in the display screen. I bought this device in May this year, just after the release. This old device was syncing via the same wifi networks without problems. I had a working Spotify playlist on that device. However syncing to Spotify seem to stopped working in July/August or so (so probably all wifi syncing?). I can not recall the exact moment, as syncing via bluetooth for activities and health data worked okay.

• for the same as Linda

A hard reset does not solve the issue with wifi/Spotify.

1. No  there is a connection however it does not work only syncing through Garmin Connect and Bluetooth 

2. I have added 2 home networks and One open ome at work. All at seperate geographic locations. Adding the networks to my fr245m and filling in my credentials went well, however syncing via wifi (with bluetooth of) results in the wifi 0200 error. All these networks work okay for other

3 Yes, I have tried 3 networks in total. None works

4. 3.10 (e64de37)

so please help us!

• For me its the exact same issue on a brand new Forerunner 945

1. Has this device ever synced on the failing network?
      No
    2. Is this a home or public network?
      Home
    3. Do you have another network available to try? 
      Yes, did not work
    4. What SW version is your 245 running? 
      2.80 (3518936)

Please help!

• Same issue here with my new FR245M

1. No, received my watch yesterday and tried everything all day yesterday, but no luck.

2. Home network and hotspot from my phone

3. Tried the above 2 networks.

4. SW version 3.10(e64de37)

Please help!