This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

245 Music not recording steps correctly after SW3.0 update.

I received the 3.0 update a couple of days ago. It seemed to install OK, but since then I have noticed that if I track an activity (run, walk etc) the Step Counter Widget seems to reset and then starts again from the start of that activity. For example today I had done around 7,000 steps through the day and then did an hour at the track. After saving the activity when I was finished, the Widget only showed the steps for the run. 

However the Connect website syncs and shows the correct step count and feeds into the Connect Mobile App, but the watch never catches up.

I have done Factory reset but still happens.

Any ideas?

• No Problems here, works fine with Update 3.0 (did a 10km walk yesterday with 10.000 steps, had 15k in summary ... works).

• I have the same problem. Any updates here?

• Same issue here, in fact it reports the correct number of steps to the health app on my phone but the watch says otherwise, this is the first time I’ve recorded a gps activity since the update

• I have a support issue logged with Garmin. Suggest you do the same. 

• My wife is having the same problem. Any easy fixes? She soft reset the watch but it's still displaying less steps than the app.

• Latest - I logged this with tech support and submitted the files they requested. 

Last time I connected via USB to Garmin Express there was a GPS update which included a few other items. Since then I have not experienced the original problem. Presumably this was a general fix rather than personalised, so recommend updating via Garmin Express and see if the updates help. 

• Similar problem here - the step count on my watch is really low (1240 for today) but correct on the Connect App (9522).  I've tried turning my watch on/off, syncing and connecting to Garmin Express to update but no luck so far.  Just emailed Garmin technical support.

• Did you solve this issue as I am experiencing this now

• My wife's watch stopped exhibiting this behavior before we could try the steps Support emailed her. It showed incorrect step counts for about a week, then went back to normal on it's own. We rebooted the watch a couple of times during the week, so maybe that had something to do with it. The Support instructions are below.

Garmin Support:

As an attempt to get your device back to normal working condition, it will be necessary to remove some folders which may be containing corrupt file information. Please note: this process will delete any saved activities from your device. Please sync your device to be sure that all activities are available in Garmin Connect.

To delete the folders:

PC/Windows Computer:

1. With your device connected to the computer, click Window's start button
    2. Click (My) Computer (ThisPC on Windows 10)
    3. Double-click Garmin device drive
    4. Double-click Garmin folder
    5. Delete the Folders listed: RemoteSW, Activity, Monitor, NewFiles
    6. Right-click on Garmin device drive
    7. Select Eject
    8. Unplug device from computer

Mac Computer:

1. With your device connected to the computer, navigate to Desktop
    2. Double-click Garmin device drive
    3. Click Garmin folder
    4. Drag the Folders listed (RemoteSW, Activity, Monitor, NewFiles) to trash
    5. Click on Trash
    6. Click Finder
    7. Click Empty Trash
    8. Confirm you wish to permanently delete these items
    9. Drag Garmin device drive to Trash
    10. Unplug device from computer

Once this is complete, unplug from the computer and hard reset the watch. Press down on the top left button for one minute, then release. 

Keep an eye on the steps to see if they rest or delete steps again.