This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

VO2 Max not displaying on FR245

Hi, for the past three weeks, my FR 245 has not been recording my VO2 Max, Performance Condition or Training Load.  Everything else is normal, the wrist HR records my HR every run, Pulse Ox works just fine, GPS is spot on, and it is even telling me recovery times after my runs, but it won't give me the VO2 data, either on the watch or the app. Any suggestions?  Thanks

• You need to enable performance condition on the watch

• Could you solve this? I have the same problem

•  I have the same problem
  • Same problem in the past w weeks so now I have no performance status either. Any solution?

• I have the same problem since update to version 5.2 of my FR 245. The issue in my case seems to be with resting HR settings in the user profile settings on the watch itself. Main Menu>User Profile>Heart Rate>Resting HR>Use Avgerage or Set Custom. I have set it to use average and the VO2Max and performance condition was recorded again after a run. Please try if that helps. 

I went back to the watch settings and set average resting HR again. I will see with the next run. Maybe setting it to "Set Custom" solves it. 

Please try and see. 

• An update on my run today: I can confirm that it is the resting HR settings that causes VO2Max and performance condition not to be measured.

My run today recorded both again but what happens is that after the run everything is fine. Only with the upload to Connect mobile somehow the resting HR on the watch is being overwritten from 'Average HR' to 'Custom' with the lowest value of 30 instead of the average 50 I usually have. With the next run no VO2max and performance condition values.

Can anyone confirm this behaviour?

BTW: I already have 5.30 installed. FR245 without music functions

After the upload to ConnectMy average Resting HR is being ignored

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago in reply to spike

Have you tried running with the custom RHR you set, not average? If you tried, do you get data for performance condition and VO2 max?

• Tron, I did test this today. I used a value of custom 40. VO2Max and performance condition was correctly measured. Even after upload to Connect mobile the value 40 remains and isn't reset to 30. 

I will use this setting for now but will do further tests with average resting HR behaviour. 

This issue emerged with the upgrade from 5.0 to (in my case directly to) 5.30 including sensor hub 6.02 and several language files, all in one go via Garmin Express.

Not sure if other users experience the same?

• My resting HR on my watch always shows  53 bpm .The value of resting HR doesn't change but I notice  my RHR setting switch to " Set custom " .I think your theory may be correct. I've tried everything under the sun on this  but my FR 245 has not been recording my VO2 . 

My watch is version 5.00 . 

Pls update your test