This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

245 Music Treadmill Pace Seems to be way off?

Lately, I've been noticing that my treadmill pace/distance seems way off despite multiple calibrations?  For example, yesterday, I did the following:

5 minute warm up at 3.5 m/h on the treadmill

Garmin calculated my avg pace as 12:11/mi and the distance as 0.41 mi?  That's NOT very close?

Also, I've noticed that my 40 minute run/walk times are calculated as half a mile more than they should be?

Thanks

• Just got done on the treadmill!  According to my 245, my best pace was a 4:16/mi (14.1 mph).  I think I'll exchange the watch unless someone has an idea why the pace is so wrong?

• Just got done on the treadmill!  According to my 245, my best pace was a 4:16/mi (14.1 mph).  I think I'll exchange the watch unless someone has an idea why the pace is so wrong?

• You can calibrate the distance after the treadmill run, which in turn should fix up the pace issues - you need to have done at least 1mi/1.6km for this function to be available I believe.

My pace on my treadmill seems pretty accurate to be honest. Try the calibration and see if that fixes your issues up.

• I said I tried multiple calibrations.  My last run was so far off that I couldn't even calibrate because the proper distance was so different it couldn't be selected.

• just for your info the calibration does not have any effect. next time you run you have to calibrate again. It does not save the calibration. It's a bug and Garmin knows about. no solution yet

• Ya, there are clearly a lot of issues.  Yesterday, I had an activity that said my average speed was 3.8 mph and my max speed has 2.4 mph...  How is that a thing?

• Same here. Horribly off always 

• Right, no solution yet. Shame on you Garmin.
    I had to return my watch. Too bad it was the first Garmin watch that I liked the shape and the size na d music feature

• Running outside, specifically at varying paces, will give you the best calibration for the internal accelerometer. This will then be used when running indoors on a treadmill. 

If you are using the treadmill calibration feature at the end of your indoor run, we are looking into a current issue that some folks are seeing where this calibration is not improving the accuracy on their next run. 

More information can be found here

• I can confirm that resetting the watch, first running outside at least once, then running on the treadmill, and then calibrating to that, leaves me with a fairly accurate treadmill measurement. I am afraid to additionally calibrate; doing this previously would make accuracy decrease each time (in my case, recording quicker and quicker pacing vs a slower reality)