This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

245 screen and gps issues

So when I initially received my 245 (non music). I was pretty happy with the watch. Didn’t expect a tank for the price I paid so I knew I needed to take care of the watch. Fast forward to today. I’ve been sick for the last month so I’ve only run 6 times with the watch. I pretty much baby the thing. This AM I look down to see the time and what do I see? I giant white circle in my screen. Not a dead pixel or 2. And to top things off my gps tracing has gotten worse over time. In the beginning it was great now...not so much. I’ll include a picture of the screen for reference. Has anybody else had an issue similar to this? Pretty disappointed so far, def was expecting more coming over from Suunto. Anyways here’s the pic...

• I’d contact Garmin. Looks like a dud unit. Should replace it. 

• My FR245 Music also developed such a spot. I bought the watch in May 2019 and in August it showed some dead pixels.But the spot became larger. The watch works okay, so no GPS issues. I don't swim or shower with the watch, and it has a screen protector. I have contacted Garmin support in the Netherlands. Hopefully they'll  replace the watch under warranty.

None of my previous Forerunners or Fenix watch developed such a white dot.

• No GPS issues to report, but my 245M also recently developed the exact same white spot. Gonna be taking it in for a warranty replacement when I'm able.

• I also got a replacement for mine...a Coros Apex. While it doesn’t have Garmin connect and the app isn’t as developed. The watch itself has been spot on as far as gps tracks/distance and pace go, the hrm has been great as well since the last few updates. It has a sapphire screen and titanium bezel for the same price i paid. I just found myself saying “I guess it’s acceptable” for too many things with the 245. I hope all of everybodies issues will be worked out and you get to enjoy your watches. It would be a fantastic watch if it didn’t have mushy buttons, gps tracks that had me running though houses with different distances on the same routes and the screen itself having issues. My prior Suunto didn’t have these issues either. I understand it’s really a midrange watch for garmin but it shouldn’t have these things that aren’t just fine tuning with updates wrong with it. Look at how amazing the Fenix 6 has been so far. That’s how all their watches should be regardless of the price point. 

• Also had the same problem,send it to warranty and they gave me a new unit

• Please reach out to us directly via support.garmin.com as we can't start a warranty exchange through the forums. We're sorry you had this issue and we'll make sure to get a working device out to you as soon as possible. 

• Garmin support sent me a new FR245M as replacement.

• I had the same problem with my forerunner 245 music sent it back to garmin and they sent me a new replacement within 3 days, so far this one seem fine but I've only had it for a month and the old one took 3 months before the circle appeared.

1. Line of dead pixels just showed up after 2 months form purchase...i had a Forerunner 305 for a decade without any issues...has Garmin lost effective supplier quality control? Wanted even to upgrade to Fenix 6 but good that I did not spend $800...how should I believe that the issue will not show up on another unit?