This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Data for Interval Training is showing splits per 1km rather than each stage of the interval

Hi,

I want to see my average pace during each stage of an interval training session however at the moment the data seems to be getting divided into both kms and the interval splits which is making the output relatively meaningless. For example last night I did a warm-up, then 4x6min threshold w/2 min rests, then a cool down; what i want is to see my average pace during each working period however my laps are broken up in whole kms and then whatever was left in each period; easier to show you...

I am using uploaded workouts so my watch does know that I'm interval training.

Please help?

• Hi, 

Do you have auto lap enabled on your watch in activity settings?  It is enabled by default with 1 km.

Yesterday I had a short run, see screenshot attached. 

• Warm up 10 min
    • Run 5k
    • Cool down 5 min

As you can see my 5k run is not splitted in 1k lane and the rest.  If I understood you correctly l, this is what you are looking for.  

• Interesting to see the new workout display stats in the activity Lap view.  Looks like a work in progress unless it's device dependent.  Not sure how it will record step types when auto laps circumvent steps or if there will be a way to consolidate step data.  As noted in other threads, you either need to turn off auto lapping or create a separate profile for workouts.

• did you use the lap button to get that result?

• No, just created my workout in training > workouts as you did.  I do not have autolap enabled.  

If e.g. my 5k part of the workout starts and I use the lap button, the watch starts the next part of my workout, thus cooldown.