This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Optical HR always ON while I wear a chest monitor.

Hi,

I've a Forerunner 245 (no music) since 4 weeks, no major problem except that the optical HR isn't accurate enough (and sometimes it's really wrong). It seems better than with my FR735xt, but not enough.

My old HRM Run died few times before my FR735xt, then I bough a new HR, this time a Wahoo TICKR (the simplest one). It's cheaper and will mostly be dedicated to some activities when I have to fold it and put it in a bag (the HRM-Run did not like that...).

Binding the new HR yesterday with my FR245 was easy (ANT+ compatible), and it was detected when I started a workout. First run today, new HR detected, but the HR values seemed a bit low, even after few kilometers... just like with the optical HR. I checked the FR245 and the optical HR was active. I stopped the workout and started a new one after powered off then on my new chest HR. The chest HR monitor was detected, all seemed OK... but the optical HR was still on.

Then when I use an external chest HR monitor the internal optical HR monitor is active. I'm not sure, but I think the HR frequency measured come form the optical HR. It's not something normal, and not a wished behaviour. It seems like a bug, or perhaps I missed something in the parameters.

Sam.