This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Please fix this bug on the music widget

Does anybody have this terrible bug that sometimes when you open the music widget and try play a song, nothing plays. Even changing the playlist doesn't work. The only way to fix the issue is to restart the watch... Wow it's frustrating.

So you can imagine after cycling for two hours, and when wanting to put some music on while you have a huge climb ahead of you, only to find out you can't play a single song until you restart the watch... But that means losing the current activity.

• It takes me to YouTube too when I just what to control Spotify.

• i disabled foot sensor or whatever its called and after that my music hasnt stopped during a run. maybe this helps for someone

• I'm using Forerunner 645 Music and was working flawless months ago, then it started happening that until I restart the watch I can't see any music provider not even "My Music" or "Control Phone", when I click on play it simply does nothing as if there is no song stored.

• What SW version do you have installed? 6.60
    • What music provider are you using? My Music
    • When did you last sync with this music provider?: Maybe 10 months ago with Garmin Express
    • Have you tried switching to a differed provider and then back again? No
    • What model headphones do you have paired? Xiaomi Airdots Pro 2
  • i still get this - is it supposed to be fixed ?

• For me it works if I change music providers. Change from spotify to my music and back again. Doesnt work consistently but most times.

• Has anyone found a fix for this issue? It really defeats the object of having the Forerunner 245 Music when you can't even use it without taking a phone out with you to listen to music. 

Getting the same issue as everyone else... (and I've tried multiple bluetooth headphones and always get the same results) - Attempt to play music using the Spotify widget, starts fine and then as soon as you start an activity the music stops playing. Or, even worse, stops playing and then starts again seconds later and then continues to stop and start. 

I've read thread after thread on this issue but still no fix... I just want to be able to go out for a run without my phone and use the watch for the very purpose it was intended! 

• I have a brand new 245 and the music won’t play for long.  And 100% won’t play when I want to track my running activity.  

I loaded music via Garmin Express and have Bluetooth Sony earphones.

I can see from the thread this bug has been ongoing for 2 years.  Why has the problem not been resolved?  Why are they still selling this watch at full price when a key element doesn’t work!

Please Garmin can you get back to me.  As I  am considering returning the watch as faulty.

• I have this same issue on forrunner 245. The button works for everything except the music widget.  Sometimes I can get it to work by restarting but not yesterday.  Spent a half hour before my run trying to get it to work. VERY frustrating!  Has this been fixed?  

• I start to have the same problem. I start the music and my activity and after a 4 o 5 songs the musics stops playing. It started a couple of weeks ago.

Did it resolve yo you?

• I have the same issue! Please fix this garmin. On my second watch in 2 years because of this bug. Might get a different brand now.