This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Please fix this bug on the music widget

Does anybody have this terrible bug that sometimes when you open the music widget and try play a song, nothing plays. Even changing the playlist doesn't work. The only way to fix the issue is to restart the watch... Wow it's frustrating.

So you can imagine after cycling for two hours, and when wanting to put some music on while you have a huge climb ahead of you, only to find out you can't play a single song until you restart the watch... But that means losing the current activity.

• • 4.40 (the most recent as of April 14)

• The stock mp3 provider built into the watch.

• Today, and I tried it before and after syncing.

• Yes, but it still doesn't work when I switch back.

• I've been using the JBL Reflect Contour.

• I’m having this problem as well. 
    SE 4.40 01d52e3

music provider is Spotify. I synced over the weekend. I have not tried switching providers. I am pairing with Apple AirPods A2031. 

• - Forerunner 245 Music with SW version: 4.40 (01d52e3)
    - Music provider is Spotify (directly from watch)
    - Sync with music provider is automaticly .. watch starts sometimes syncing when on current
    - No
    - I paire with headphones: Aftershokz (Boneless sport)

Attention: besides the fact that sometimes the music doesn't want to start  (quick fix is to reset the watch) de lap-voice is not there anymore.  Each (autmatic) lap, I get normaly (while the music fases away) some information in my ears.
    This is away from last week (probably the upgrade to 4.40) ... so the system is worse now.

• Hi,
    I have the simple Forerunner 245 (Non-Music!) version and I am not able to control the music on my smartphone.
    The Music Providers > Control Phone option is simply missing, so I cannot "reach" my phone, however the device is paired to the smartphone (Samsung Galaxy 7).
    Anybody having the same issue? ...or without such an issue, as I am not sure if it works at all.

• Update: It works now. I don't know exactly how I did it, probably by disconnecting all the other devices first paired to the phone. 

• Brand new Foreunner 245. Music worked during setup. Take it out for first run and music widget is frozen. Still get running audio prompts fine.

• Hi there,

Same problem here. It used to work fine until recently. Since the latest software update? Maybe, I'm not sure.
    I use Garmin Express to transfer files to the watch; I can add/remove files, however, I cannot select or play files on the watch. They don't show up at all. It is as if the watch is empty.

- What SW version do you have installed?
    version 4.40.

- What music provider are you using?
    None, I'm trying to play the files I added with Garmin Express.

- When did you last sync with this music provider?
    I tried to sync and update with Garmin Express but it did not solve the issue.

- Have you tried switching to a differed provider and then back again?
    No, I don't use any. I just use the default media player.

- What model headphones do you have paired?
    Bose soundsport but pairing seems to be working.

• I'm having same problem...very frustrating and disappointing!

• I tried to reset the watch and it seems to be working now.

System > Reset > Reset Default Settings

• Just to add to the frustration train, I got the watch (FR 245 non-music) yesterday, started using it and it's completely amazing. I wasn't even aware of the music controls feature, but when I found it the watch got even better for me. It was working for a nice while, then I stopped listening to music, did some other things and now, when trying to control Spotify on the phone again, it just opens YouTube. And poorly, it won't pause or control videos on youtube, is simply opens the app if I try to play or pause something in the watch. While, listening to spotify it won't show the track name, as it was doing this afternoon. To be honest, this isn't the reason why I bought the watch, but this feature came to me as a very positive surprise, so now I can't be anything other than very frustrated.

Answers below:

• SW version: 4.40
    • Music provider: Music widget controlling Spotify on the phone
    • When did you last sync: Don't really know what this means. When I enabled the widget it recognized Spotify and Pocket Casts automatically, it would just pick up whatever was playing (which is the optimal behavior, in my opinion. Either this or being able to choose a default app)
    • Have you tried switching to a different provider: Not actually sure what this means, but I only used the Music widget to control Spotify and Pocket Casts.
    • What model of headphones: I have a Sony WH1000-MX3, but it's paired to the phone, not to the watch.

I also tried disabling youtube on the phone, it would then open Google Play Music, which I have never used, other than by accident more than a year ago.

Come on, Garmin. We love this watch (I'm loving it, at least), you can definitely make us all love it even more, if all features work just as they should.