This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Please fix this bug on the music widget

Does anybody have this terrible bug that sometimes when you open the music widget and try play a song, nothing plays. Even changing the playlist doesn't work. The only way to fix the issue is to restart the watch... Wow it's frustrating.

So you can imagine after cycling for two hours, and when wanting to put some music on while you have a huge climb ahead of you, only to find out you can't play a single song until you restart the watch... But that means losing the current activity.

• Are you playing music from the watch or form the phone? You need to have a connection to headphones if from the watch, or to the phone if playing from the phone. What version of GCM are you using?

• Doesn't matter if I play from Spotify or the music on my phone. The music widget literally just gets stuck..  even after removing and readding my BT earphones. 

• Hi,

I can imagine your frustration.

I use only mp3 and so far no issues with widget as described by you.  I use JBL BT earphones. 

During an activity I long press down button to enter mudic menu.  I suppose you are doing the same.

Do you experience the same when playing mp3 from your watch.  So no Spotify downloads? 

Regards,

Fer

• Yes! I have experienced the same issue. Also very frustrating when you haven't yet commenced your run, but when you are just about to start...  too would very much appreciate a fix!

• I have the same issue ... frustrating.  There is still connection with the headphone (I have the bone conduction running ears) via bluetooth because I get each minute my hartrate and tempo.  But the music doesn't want to play as been said.  You press start buth the play button doesn't work (untill you reset)

• I hope they fix this very soon.  I have the same problem ... untill you reset.
    Connection with bluetooth is ok (each minute while running I hear heartbeat and my tempo) but the music doesn't want to start anymore.
    Normaly the "play" button changes when starting (pushing) to another icon (pauze icon) buth it's dead ....  
    I only play form downloade spotify lists. 
    After reset it's ok.

The problem never appears when you make connection with the headphone and you listen immediately to the music.
    Only when you make connection and press pause .... after a while ... it's dead.

• Brand new 245 music watch here and having the same problem.  I had to restart my watch 2x during a 15 mile run because the music stopped working.  

• Has anyone gotten a reply on this issue, or has it been fixed?  I also experience the same thing.  It is a real inconvenience to have to restart my watch all of the time so that I can play music.

• Please fix it urgently

Many have the same issue. After the latest updated 

• If you could answer the below questions, that would be very helpful for us to investigate this issue. 

• What SW version do you have installed?
    • What music provider are you using?
    • When did you last sync with this music provider?
    • Have you tried switching to a differed provider and then back again?
    • What model headphones do you have paired?