This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 245 music having constant Bluetooth connection issues.

I just got this watch today and for the last 6 hours I've been trying to make the watch connect to the app. Sometimes it connects but 98% time it doesn't. The only time I got a consistent connection was with my ipad. I'm using an lgv30 android phone. I was having trouble with 2.70 so I thought that the newest update was 2.94 so I updated my watch to it and now I also can't get back to 2.70 but the issue was going on even with the 2.70 update. I've tried pretty much everything. I've reset the watch many times and have restarted my phone many times. I'm out of ideas. Is my watch defective? Like what's happening? I paid 350 dollars for a watch and it won't connect to my phone. Come on Garmin! 

• I have the exact same problem with my forerunner 245 and my Android phone (xiaomi mi androidone, with Android version 9). Did you find a solution?

• I'm facing the same issue, any solution ?

• I have the same. Also, my car bluetooth connection crashes when a call comes through the same phone my FR 245 is connected to.  This didnt happen in the same car with my previous FR235. Something is clearly wrong. I have just updated to version 3.70 and still the same.

• This is happening to me also for the last 24 hours since I got it. Connected once and disconnected in my sleep and now will not connect. Tried rebooting, factory reset, uninstalling the app, Bluetooth off and on etc. Phone finds other people's watches but can't connect to mine

• It looks like the watch has several BT connection types. 1 for audio, 1 for training information and 1 for syncing. I don’t know why but I noticed this when I used my Jabra training headset. When I stopped training, and stopped the music, the watch asked to connect to the Jabra although already connected via music. When I said “yes” it no longer where able to connect to music.I had to reconnect to the BT sound and then say no to the “after connection” in order to get it to work. So maybe notice if you are connected to app, music or training. It’s most likely a connection type fault and not a reboot, re-install solution.

• Yes this problem is there with my watch too.

• Yup, I bought the 245 music. It's rubbish. Spotify doesn't connect and according to the reviews of the app in the Connect store.... it's a problem across the board.

Yet when you contact them  (phone) they don't see to be aware of this.

I've emailed and requested a guarantee that I can still return for full refund after the usual refund time (as it's impossible to return when on lockdown)

I think they are just rubbish, overpriced watches with bad connectivity, tbh.

• In india customer care are aware of this problem. Tgey Directly said tge word Replacement. Anyway, ask them to fix it. That's it. Spotify needs premium subscription. And yes I was expecting way to much more from Garmin.