This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

User experience and feedback on 245M

Hi all, I’m thinking of purchasing the 245 Music and am interested to know most people’s experience with it including ease of use, GPS/HR accuracy, features, quality of build and any issues etc. I’m coming from a 935 but looking for a running focused watch with the latest tech. Thanks.

• I don’t  have the music version. I’m very happy with it. Had a 235 before  and it’s a big upgrade. 

• I have been very happy with mine. I had the 235 before this(I have the music version). I especially like the Garmin Coaching widget.

• Vs the 935, I think the 245 looks a little nicer: the screen is the same size but the body is smaller resulting in a smaller bezel which I prefer.  Also the fonts seem a little nicer. The screen itself is the same, however -- same color and resolution.

The buttons take some getting used to. They have a second click (like an old camera shutter button) which is ... something.  I like it myself but it takes getting used to.

GPS accuracy seems OK to me. I've done a couple runs with my phone recording and the tracks came out about the same.  I have a friend who used a 235 before he got the 245 and he reports the GPS is as good and the HR is better.  HR is OK to me, but I don't pay much attention to that, TBH.

Battery life is better than expected. I'm getting 7-10 days so far.

Overall, I'm very happy with mine.  I think it's a massive improvement over the 235 and a better running-only watch than the 935 due to the price and appearance.

• Thanks for the comprehensive feedback. Appreciate you taking the time to share :-)

• Thanks for the feedback :-)

• Thanks for the feedback :-)

• I debated a long time to buy either the 245M or the 645M. The 645M is older but has many of the same features. In the end my decision was made in a Garmin store based on how they felt and looked. I wrote my whole thought process in the article below, maybe it helps you. 

www.myrunnerslife.com/.../

• I've had the 245 music for over a week, it was bought to replace a 1st gen Vivoactive. I've had really mixed results with the GPS accuracy. In open areas it is more accurate than the Vivoactive, but when near buildings, tree cover, or passing under a bridge it's much worse.

I've had two occasions where its informed me it has locked on to a GPS signal, I've done the activity, and then when I've reviewed the route it's been nowhere close (several streets away) and never really gotten back on the right track.

I'm currently in contact with Garmin support. 

• After sharing some activity links with Garmin support, they believe my watch is defective. I should have a replacement on Wednesday, fingers crossed it works properly this time. 

I’ll update if it’s significantly better, or more of the same. 

• Replaced my 235 for the 245 Music and I´m satisfied.

Battery is really good, GPS is fine (faster to lock than 235, didn´t notice any problems) and the basic maps and music functions are great and works really well.