This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Body battery not changing.

A few days ago my body battery dropped to 5% and it hasn't gone up or down since then. I've also noticed that the stress meter is showing various levels of stress with little to no rest periods. I'm getting plenty of sleep though and my heart rate is consistently around my normal resting heart rate while sleeping. I've tried restating my watch a couple times and it doesn't change anything. Is anyone else seeing this issue or know of a fix? 

• I tried this, but no difference. Has anyone contacted Garmin customer support about this?

• On my Fenix 6 the body battery has been locked at 5%, 0 in, and 0 out for a week.  Stress is

variable.  Since this is computed onboard the watch (my guess) I suspect the firmware is not

integrating the sensor data.  I think the lock at 5,0,0 is a clue.  If I have no input then the 5%

should quickly go to zero.

• My wife and I have the same watch. A Forerunner 245 Music. Mine charges to 99% hers maximum 12%. I tried pretty much every reinstall option. No change. I called Garmin. They are familiar with the problem and have no solution. She will get a new watch. 

• I know this sounds dumb but when the body battery doesn’t “charge” but it says I slept at least 7 hrs, I wipe the back of it with an alcohol pad (not a cotton ball with alcohol, doesn’t work as well) about an hour before bed and sleep with the watchband a setting tighter and it gets more accurate in a couple of days. I do wonder if a little conductive gel might help the “skipped” areas. I actually really love this feature.

• Did you and your wife try swapping watches? A bit late now, I suppose, but it would have been an interesting experiment. :-)

• This fixed my FR245 push and hold light button untill the watch goes off, then reboot, soft reset, you will not lose history, it took a few times sync for the app to pickup or update the body battery, but on the watch I could see it soon here is the video that shows how to do it

https://youtu.be/E8onl2NxYgg

• I contacted Garmin customer support today after having 3 months of non-stop issues with the body battery readings getting stuck at 5... They told me this was not an issue they knew about and that I have been overly stressed/not sleeping (both of which are not true).  I've done the watch reset almost every other week since getting this watch and Garmin is going to tell me that its not a recurring issue...? I even indicated that forums existed with many users reporting this issue and they literally told me to "Have a good day" and signed off.  Not impressed.

• I have the same problem. Owning the 245m for a good week, still having the F45s here. Till now 45s charges the BB without a problem, stress level also seems normal. I had the reset the 245m two times and did a softreset too. In one week BB and stress are totally useless after 1-2days after a reset. EVERYTIME! It's Corona time. Yes I also listen to my body, but there are early warning signs like RHR, stress going up etc. that you can't feel, you still feel well. And the BB and stress is broken at least on my F245m. 

I don'tt drink, do eat 3h before bed, do sport at least 3-4h before bed. I feel quite good, not perfect sleep, but good to average sleep. And my watch doesn't charge BB at all, sticking around the same number than the evening before. And stress level always high. Regarding this I would be almost dead by now. RHR also consistantly low (around 48-52). This is really stupid, I love this watch, coming from Fenix 6s pro. It's great for the price and the size/weight. But I always go back to the much cheaper F45s because this watch still shows me correct data. But atm I then miss respiration and PulseOX to see if there is an early warning sign. And I would miss all those Firstbeat stats. 

It is strange. Why is my F45s working good but not the 245m? Is it a bug because of all the extra sensors or data (PulseOX, respiration)? I read about bad data from BB and stress in different forums here. 

• I have the 245. The body battery reading was "flat" or the same almost every day at like 5-13 for the first couple of months. I think it aggregates data for a little bit and makes it funky the first month or so... But it also changed my behavior patterns and the body battery reading changed along with it.

Logging activities in the app has also helped make it more on target. Changes the data somehow even though calories, HR, etc. are tracked during those intervals.

It also might actually be telling you you are burning the candle at both ends. I've been watching the Body Battery stat for a year now and it has made a huge difference for me... I'm eating, sleeping, and exercising on target even during Corona panic. I started burning the hard fat that has been stuck there a long time... the biggest win because of the health risks.

Yesterday was incredibly stressful and hard... The body battery readout matched my mental and physical state pretty well. I wish it had alerts to tell you "Hey, take a break!", "Hey! Go to bed early!", "Hey! Eat something!"

• Ok, but taking a month to learn is ok if that would be the case for each watch and if the data would be reliable. It just isn't with the F245. I didn't have any problem the last months with my Venu or testing the Fenix 6s pro and F45s. All had reliable BB and stress level data right from the beginning, it did charge when in good rest or sleep and it decline when on the go or quite a lot after an exercise. The BB on the F245 is defective, at least with my model. Stress level too, always high. When sleeping, when resting etc. But I am fit and my RHR is low as always, most times around 48-51. Blood pressure is perfect as always. And besides all that all other Garmin watches I own or tested, still searching for the "perfect" Garmin, were all different and had a normal BB charge and stress level. Tried the 45s the last days and everything was ok. Now I have worn the Venu for the day, which I actually wanted to sell, and perfectly fine with BB and stress. 

At least my watch is buggy or, if most others don't have the problem with FW 4.20, defective.