This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

2.70 - Awful battery life?

My 245M upgraded yesterday, then I fully recharged it before leaving work.

SP02 was enabled, and I wore it overnight, but have not used GPS/Music or recorded any activities.

I'm down 30% in less than 24 hours right now. That's a pretty major dropoff in battery life.

Has anyone else experienced the same?

• Hi, I received my 245 on 8 June by the middle of last week I had had to charge it twice so reported to Garmin as I was losing 2% an hour with just HRM and Activity tracking turned on.  Garmin have since replaced it and the new one arrived today and has only dropped 3% in the 6 hours I've been wearing.  The original was running 2.70.0.0.

Interestingly the new is running 2.60.0.0 and 2.70 no longer seems to be available to update to.  I suspect that this issue and others on this forum mean that they've pulled the software update until they've resolved it.  

On other threads there are instructions to roll back to 2.60.0.0 which might solve the problems.

• There seems to be many battery issues as of late, am bumping this up so that people who are searching for answers could find them easily.

• HiHi, may i understand if the SP02 function has been patched? I recently experienced the issue after 10 months with the watch, and had since disabled the function