This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to turn off recurring calendar access notification from Garmin Connect?

Every so often (at least once every few hours), I get a notification from Garmin Connect on my Android phone that says "Permission Required: A device is requesting access to your calendar."

I have a FR 245 Music, and I've gotten rid of the calendar widget on it, but this notification keeps occurring. How do I stop it from doing so?

Thanks!

• Any help on this issue would be really appreciated!

• Kind of a hack but I was able to cut it off on Android by going into Settings on my phone. Then apps.  Then notifications. Then apos.  Then Connect. (Your steps may vary) then I turned off the System  toggle there.  I also had turned off the Access toggle but I don't think it did the trick. Good luck.  Not sure what else i am missing now but it was bugging me and i couldn't find a way otherwise

• Kind of a hack but I was able to cut it off on Android by going into Settings on my phone. Then apps.  Then notifications. Then apos.  Then Connect. (Your steps may vary) then I turned off the System  toggle there.  I also had turned off the Access toggle but I don't think it did the trick. Good luck.  Not sure what else i am missing now but it was bugging me and i couldn't find a way otherwise

• Thanks for the response. That's certainly a way to get rid of the notification (you can access that toggle even easier by long pressing on the notification itself), but I don't think it's a good idea to turn off all system notifications from the Garmin app, in case there are some other important system notifications. There really needs to be another way. But thank you for the suggestion!

• Is there really no Garmin official solution for this? The calendar notification is so annoying. 

• I removed the app agenda via ConnectIQ and this seems to work.
    As I don't want to use it, it has no point of having it installed...

• I have also been frustrated by this issue. The calendar permission request notification is sent about once every four hours. I have denied Garmin Connect access to my calendar (and clicked "don't ask again") every time the notification appears, but the notifications persist. I need to block all Garmin Connect notifications to my phone or my FR645 to stop receiving this specific notification, but I would still like to receive other Garmin Connect notifications. There does not appear to be a way to speficially block the calendar request notifications (unless you provide Garmin access to your calendar, which I am unwilling to do).

Another poster recommended deleting the "Agenda" app, which does not appear to be installed on my phone or watch.

• I'm on a LG and Depending on your android version, Settings > Applications(Apps)>Notifications>Apps> Connect
    Scroll to bottom: Turn off "Access Required" notifications

• Access Required was the wrong one, it is "System"

• This is thoroughly annoying and completely unprofessional. 

Seems like a piece of software spec'd out by a two year old asking "Are we there yet?"

The user says "No". Can't Garmin just accept that ?