This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 245 and AirPods pairing failure

Hi, 

When I tried to pair my AirPods (1st gen with last firmware), my 245M crashes on the « find headphones » screen. I have to do a hard reboot.

It crashes when I put AirPods in pairing mode. So I thinks the problem appears when the watch find them. 

The 245M works very well with my Bose SoundSport  

Have you the same problem ?

• im having the same problem all be it with my Trekz............they worked before the update and they dont now, the same for my MPOW headphones.. Garmin have ucked up withthe upgrade IMO

• My Airpods paired with 245M just fine. But i can't double tap on airpods to skip the song. Please fix this issue in the next updates.

• AirPods aren’t on the recommended headphone list. I believe it’s down to Apples non standard implementation. You need to moan at Apple, not Garmin. 

• I fix my problem by changing my airpods name « airpods de Damien » to « airpodds » with my iPhone. 

• Hey, I had a similar issue but realized that I did the things in the wrong way :)

What worked for me?

First, I would suggest to turn off any nearby Bluetooth devices which may connect (only the paired devices) with the AirPods or are connected already (this is not necessary but I did it to be sure)

Then you can open your AirPods case and press and hold the button (on the backside of the case) to turn on the pairing mode.
    Make sure you have turned the Bluetooth on your watch and searching for headphones to connect with. A few seconds later you should be able to see and choose your AirPods to connect with and use your Garmin 245 Music apps :)

I hope this information will help someone who had a similar issue. :)

• Hi 6448940, your solution worked for me, thanks!

• Instead of trying to pair them every time you use your watch try doing this:

- Pair them one time (the first time you use your watch) it should work perfectly for the first time.

- After that, for every time you want to use your watch again, access the Spotify app on your watch and hit the options key (the up key) to show settings.

- Go to Headphones and press start > you should see your headphones listed > press start on the name > press start on the disconnected/ off option and it should connect immediately.

Hope this helps!

Groan at Apple and not Garmin - it is them who make Airpods incompatible with other devices so you get their products instead.

• Did you expierence any drop outs useing the airpods with the 245M?

• Hi

I recently bought a FR245M and use first generation AirPods with it. I have had zero issues and drop outs with it. really happy.