This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HR accuracy issues

Is there anyone else having issues with HR readings?
I noticed that my HR was "stuck" during workouts, and would never get any higher than ~100.

I've tried wearing the watch in maybe 10 different ways, other arm, removed all sweat, tightened the strap, etc.. nothing worked.
All software is up to date.

I had a friend nearby who has a FR 235 and that watch reported HR 142 while mine was displaying 101. I think that's different enough to say that it's not working.
It sometimes work , and sometimes not. Can't make head nor tails of it... ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1480558.jpg
  • Hi, 

I'm experiencing the same issue. I bought this watch for its running capabilities but also for tracking crossfit-like workouts with high intensity. During runs it works like a charm and the HR is spot on! The moment I try any other sport it mostly won't go above 100bpm, even when I'm completely giving it my all. 

A proper solution via software update would be appreciated.

• And of course I got the replacement, but it has exactly the same issue.

At some moment in time I thought the issue was fixed, but last 6-7 weeks it's clearly not the case any more.

• I am also quite disappointed with the 245. Heart rate during my commute on the bike is oftentimes up to 40 bpm lower then my actually heart rate (measured multiple times with other device, or phone, or manually)! Also, the music control does not work for me and my Galaxy S7.

• Hi,

Just wanted to add to the thread that i am experiencing the same issue as everyone else where my heart rate starts off at the correct bpm but then suddenly drops. I know from wearing other heart rate monitors that I should be in the 160 range but it has me at the 110 range if not lower. I'm really disappointed as i spent months looking for the perfect watch. I don't run but would be very active (swimming/gym/cycling) but it seems like my heart rate wont be accurate at all for any of these sports.

Hopefully Garmin will respond soon with next steps or a software update to fix this issue

• Yes, GARMIN PLEASE DO FIX this! The patch did not work from a few weeks ago. it is really annoying. 

• It looks like a software related problem to me. I use my 245 as a sportwatch for running and cycling and as a smartwatch for daily use.

On my commuter trips by bicycle there is a huge difference in meaured HR if I use the smartwatch modus (much too low, sometimes even lower than in rest) or as cycling activity (within expected range allthough it lags behind). Looks like both modi have dfferent algoritmes for measuring HR.

For running, measured as running activity, it is mostly within expected range but the HR can suddenly increase or decrease significantly for no good reason.

• Stopped working correctly around 09/14/19. How do I downgrade the software version on this POS back to the version where it was working right? If I can't, it's going back to REI

• I have the same issue with my 245m. After the mid September update I do not have any heart rate reading during activities over 100bpm. Activities that I expect to be at 160-180 read 90-100. Please revert to earlier updates

• Exactly the same issue for me. I've just bought a 245 and really happy with almost every aspect of it, except the heartrate accuracy problems others have described in this thread.

When I've done a run, the heartrate seems spot-on, but when broadcasting to bike GPS or just looking at heartrate during my commute it's nowhere near accurate - barely breaks 100bpm when I know from my FR35 (and manual measurement) that my heartrate is consistently in the 130-140 range during my commute.

First noticed it because of no intensity minutes being registered, then came looking here and disappointed to see others experiencing the same going back several months.

So disappointed because the 245 has exactly the feature set I wanted, but if this isn't resolved I'll be returning for refund and reverting to the 35, so that'll be £250 revenue lost Garmin Disappointed