This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HR accuracy issues

Is there anyone else having issues with HR readings?
I noticed that my HR was "stuck" during workouts, and would never get any higher than ~100.

I've tried wearing the watch in maybe 10 different ways, other arm, removed all sweat, tightened the strap, etc.. nothing worked.
All software is up to date.

I had a friend nearby who has a FR 235 and that watch reported HR 142 while mine was displaying 101. I think that's different enough to say that it's not working.
It sometimes work , and sometimes not. Can't make head nor tails of it... ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1480558.jpg
  • I have tested. Same problem again with CrossFit sessions....

• Mine seems to have been fixed, but that’s only based on a single run since the 3.70 update, but I’ve never been able to have a run that didn’t have cadence lock problems. The difference in the graphs is very obvious. Very run I did previously was like the top graph. The 2nd one is post the 3.70 update and is accurate. Also note the lack of downward spikes.

• Mine still sucks. The HR numbers are higher than before, but still lower than true. All I want is for it to accurately broadcast my HR to my Wahoo Elemnt when I ride. At my age, I need to keep a close watch on my HR, but I can't rely on my 245m. What a POS. So I'm going back to my Scoche Rhythm+ HR armband.

• Having previously sorted out the problem through their helpline service, this update has quite definitely stuffed it up again. I did a hard run for 4 km and would expect HR of 155 and it was HR 80....

• Same thing. On run activity it shows more or less adequate value, but for indoor training never get over 100 bpm

• I had decent but not outstanding wrist HR readings during running with prior FW.  3.70 has broken that.  Readings now 30-60 BPM too high.  Unfortunate.  

• Anyone got any updates on this? My watch just updated to V4.0 of the firmware, but I have had the opportunity to test it yet.

• Nothing. It looks more like algorithm than measure. For example for me on long run, after 15 km it shows 180 bpm as if I was running sprint

• Are you on V4.0 FW?

• From yesterday i have a problem with hr reading, yesterday with hiit i was at my limit and the watch said i was at aerobic pace, basically 140bpm, while before the same effort and exercise put me at 190bpm.

Today with a run, running at my full speed, gave me orange zone around 163bpm while 3 days ago the same effort gave me red zone with 190bpm.

Seems like hr readins screwed up.