Audio prompts - missing settings

Hi guys,

In the user manual, audio prompts are described as follows:

Playing Audio Prompts During an Activity

You can enable your Forerunner music watch to play motivational status announcements during a run or other activity. Audio prompts play on your connected Bluetooth headphones, if available. Otherwise, audio prompts play on your phone paired through the Garmin Connect app. During an audio prompt, the watch or phone mutes the primary audio to play the announcement.

NOTE: This feature is not available for all activities.

1 Hold UP.

2 Select Audio Prompts

3 Select an option:

• To hear a prompt for each lap, select Lap Alert. • To customize prompts with your pace and speed information, select Pace/Speed Alert. • To customize prompts with your heart rate information, select Heart Rate Alert. • To customize prompts with power data, select Power Alert. • To hear prompts when you start and stop the activity timer, including the Auto Pause® feature, select Timer Events. • To hear workout alerts play as an audio prompt, select Workout Alerts. • To hear activity alerts play as an audio prompt, select Activity Alerts (Activity Alerts, page 71). • To hear a sound play right before an audio alert or prompt, select Audio Tones. • To change the language or the dialect of the voice prompts, select Dialect.

But my connect app and watch don't have the items highlighted in red. Why? I use Iphone and airpods. 

• Can we request to have a setting to change the language or dialect of the voice prompt? Mine speaking japanese and I'm not a japanese lol

• Please see the following from  Enabling Spoken Audio Prompts in the Garmin Connect App.

Audio Prompt Voice Playback

If you have Bluetooth headphones paired to your Garmin device or paired smartphone or tablet, the native voice settings will vary. When the Bluetooth headphones are only paired to the Garmin Device, the audio prompt voice will follow your setting selections from the Garmin Connect app. If you have your Bluetooth headphones paired to your smartphone or tablet, the audio prompt voice may default to your smartphone's text-to-speech settings instead. 

NOTE: Audio prompts sounding through the watch's speaker will use the audio prompt voice settings that are set in the Garmin Connect app. 

Adjusting Audio Prompt Volume Levels

Audio prompt alert levels can be adjusted using the volume keys on your phone. If you receive the audio prompt from the watch to your paired headphones it will be in the language you have set it the Garmin Connect app. If you receive audio prompts from your phone to your paired headphones it will be in the language you have set from your phone's text-to-speech settings. Consult your phone's manufacturer for the location of the text-to-speech settings.

• Hi thanks for sharing but it's not really truth

the watch settings are fully or partially taken into account !

Dialect and Voice (available on watch) are not only smartphone TtS dependent but also influence results. We have reported all these behaviors during Beta Phase but never receive any feedback nor these article ...

• If this is really by design, then how can we change the audio prompt language? I've checked the TtS settings on my phone and is'set to English yet the audio prompts are Chinese.