No power - riding like I'm on cobblestones

Dear all,

Firstly, I'm riding a Tacx Neo which I acquired in April 2018. I've done approx. 10k on the trainer and have never had issues with the trainer before.

Today during a training session, all of a sudden, I lost the ability of a fluent pedal motion and it's like I'm in extremely low gear and can't push my pedals around. 

I've done the following troubleshooting:|
1. Factory reset -> no change
2. Software update -> up to date -> no impact
3. Opened up the casing -> no visible damage to bearings or magnets

I have attached a movie (which I hope you can see). Have you seen anything like this before?

Appreciate your response.

J.

Click here to play this video

• I can't upload picture (and have reattached the movie - please let me know if this works) but I've got it set up in the living room when I ride resting on a yogamat. No stability issues. 

Currently I can't ride the trainer as it's almost like your chain has come off it's stuck between the frame and the crank. As I mentioned, when we took the fly wheel off there was no sign of damage internally.

The issue is there when the neo is turned off. I've tried using both Zwift and the Tacx Training app to see whether it's stuck in ERG mode but do not get an error message. 

It's just weird as I've never had any issues with the neo and there were no warning signs (ie. cracking, grinding or breaking sounds). 

Garmin doesn't work outside business hours (so chat and call were not available). This is on my to do list for today.

• Spoke to Garmin support. They can't determine the issue and will have to investigate themselves. They will replace my existing neo with a refurbished neo 2. This is great customer service but I wonder (given the dramatic rise in the purchase of smart trainers" whether there should dealers / mechanics that can pull these machines apart and repair / refurbish. All good, Thanks for the help Slight smile