When using the Tacx Neo smartbike with Zwift, how to get the rides onto Garmin Connect?

Hi,

I've recently purchased a Tacx Neo bike and I use Zwift when riding indoors with a HRM strap, which then updates to Strava.

Is there a way to share the ride completed on Zwift with Garmin Connect to keep everything up to date? 

I do have a Garmin Epix watch, however, if I were to use this it would mean that I would be doubling the ride data which I'd prefer not to do unless there is a way around both devices uploading the ride data.

1. Only set Zwift to sync to Strava, not Garmin.
    2. Ride with the Epix also paired to the bike sensors.
    3. Finish the ride in Zwift.
    4. Pause the ride on the Epix, but DON"T yet save it (I'm assuming you've got GC set to auto-upload to Strava here)
    5. Check that it's been uploaded to Strava.
    6. When it has, save the ride on Epix. It won't get double uploaded to Strava as Strava will recognise it as as duplicate activity.
    7. Optional - Edit the ride on GC and correct any data from Strava if that bothers you (e.g. distance, climb, time [which will be a couple of seconds different]) - though none of these will make a difference to your Garmin training metrics.

That sounds quite complex, but it isn't really, you soon won't think twice about doing it.
  • You can connect your garmin Account direct with your Zwift account at the homepage of Zwift.

• When I tried that (a few years ago), it just created duplicate activities in GC and skewed all my training metrics (as these didn't get recalculated when I deleted activities).

Not sure if it works any better now though.