Tacx Premium Subscription - Multiple profiles or Household Account

My wife and I have bought a Neo Bike Smart and we are trialling Tacx premium which was included and works well so far.

However once we have to pay for the subscription I gather it will not allow multiple profiles, or a household account under the single account, when we use this on our respective mobile phones. We would have to each pay for Tacx premium.

Can anyone confirm that this is the case and if so whether Garmin will consider a household account option or a discount for multiple users? After all it's typical that only one Smart bike would be used in any given household given the size? See spotify, netflix etc for such operating models.

Thanks

• in fact until Garmin allows this possibility I will continue to use Rouvy ...

• Hi Gebs, I approached tacx/garmin support with exactly the same question some weeks ago, when I was in the test period to check which app to buy … long story short: tacx does not offer it and I doubt they will do so. so it depends what you are looking for … video only, well structured workouts, big community, gamification and minecraft biking, … :-) … i had four in the last round - rouvy, zwift, systm and of course tacx (as owner of a neo bike) … 

pro tacx: the videos and somehow the app gives you impression to provide good workouts - akso the coomunity behind is good (a lot of public videos and workouts)

con tacx: the stability of the app and in some areas it does not look „ready“ … context switches between desktop and nativ app, no appletv, and setting mtb gears could reach its limits, no family mode

pro rouvy: all fine, lot of videos and workouts nice, also the app is very intuitive but , family mode ! 

con: … soon the sync with garmin connect will work

pro zwift: … everybody thinks that zwift is cool , i like the workouts, but not 

con zwift: the arcade vides and limitations on smartphones, no family mode

pro systm: super workouts and 4dp system, but for me ftp and vomax is by far enough

con: -

summary: tacx costs 9,9 / person … meaning 20/household … rouvy costs around 15/household … btw: zwift is also not offering family share

we have at the moment tacx app as main.

• Thanks. I'm coming to similar conclusions. I do like how well the tacx app works with the bike but some limitations like you can't race against your previous time in the mobile app only the desktop version, doesn't work on my tablet (fire on android).

I have bought Rouvy and set my wife up with a linked account. When the tacx trial ends we probably won't renew it and will stick with Rouvy. For me it's better value for a household, the interactivity with avatars, ability to race 'live' against previous times, the challenges and career route plus real footage is the prefect blend of reality and computer game.