Bike not sending HRM data to Zwift or FulGaz

Hi,

I am using an iPad for my virtual rides and am using a Garmin ANT+ HRM.

When I ride, I can see my pulse om the built-in screen on the bike.

When I am using the Tacx Training app, my pulse data is sent from the bike to the app, but when I use Zwift or FulGaz, the pulse data is not sent from the bike to the apps.

Can I do anything to make the bike send the pulse data to the apps?

Kind regards,
Jesper

• For the below method, you might need to purchase a bluetooth HR monitor. 

The only FIX to this is getting the iPad(or any Zwift device to quickly grab your bluetooth HR first).

1. Make sure bike is off and has been off for at least 2 minutes, and quit all APPS on iPad.
    2. Place BT HR on your chest, and wet the pads so it can quickly turn on.
    3. Open the Zwift app and quickly pair the HR.
    4. Now you can plug in the bike and connect it up with zwift.
    5. Like this your allow Zwift to grab the HR connection first, before the BIKE does so. Unfortunately if the bike grabs It firsts, there's no way to disconnect it.

6. If the bike grabs the HR connection (for some silly reason) it doesn't transmit the HR data to Zwift.....

• Thank you for your answer, Nic, but my problem is that Zwift and FulGaz do not grab the (ANT-transmitted) HRM data from the bike, not that the bike steals a BT connection. I have been told by Garmin-support, that it should be possible for the app to (also) get the HRM-data along with eg. cadence and watts.

• I hear you. I agree it really should send the HR data over to Zwift really not sure why they haven’t fixed since they released the bike 2 years ago. I lost patience with my method and bought a HRM-Dual. It sends data over Bluetooth and Ant. (Bluetooth over to the iPad and Ant+ to the Neo bike for the bike screen to display.) 

• I was surprised that it doesn't transmit HR data as well since it does connect to your HR sensor and display the data on the built-in screen.  Seems like something that could be done within the firmware though.  I am pretty sure I have seen that feature offered on other smart trainers.