Tacx Neo bike & HRM - I'm using Fulgaz/Zwift and the bike connects to the bluetooth HRM, stopping the apps connecting to HRM

I've recently changes from a Wahoo Kickr to Tacx Neo bike.

The Wahoo Kickr connects to apps to provide smart control / power /cadence, but the HR is passed through bluetooth to either the iPad or Apple TV directly and shows up in the app (Zwift/Fulgaz) I am using, which works great.

It appears to me (unless I am missing something simple) that on startup the Tacx Neo bike connects to the bluetooth HRM, as my HR appears on the Tacx screen. However, whatever app I try to connect is no longer able to pick up the bluetooth HRM as the Tacx has already grabbed it. Using the Zwift/Fulgaz I get HR data once or twice on a ride, but definitely not continuous. This is a real pain.

I've looked for an option to disable the HR in the Tacx utility, but it looks like that is not an option.

I've tried workarounds like starting the Neo while wearing an Ant+ HRM, I start pedalling and the HR is shown. I then putt on a bluetooth HRM and connect that to an app, which works, but nobody wants to wear 2 HRMs so I take off the Ant+ and almost immediately the Bluetooth HRM and data in the app goes to occasional updates.

To train properly you need HR data in the app of your choice. 

Can someone tell me a simple workaround or can the utility be updated to disable HR data on the bike?

TIA

Mike

• Same issue here with garmin hrm's. I have 2 but there was no problem with the tacx app despite it connecting to app. Why give a free month card to something that does not work.... Not greatest PR exercise

• Same issue here.  I used the Tacx Training app once with heart rate, now the bike grabs the HR monitor first every time.  I have to walk far away from the bike with my ipad/zwift to get it to connect.  Now I got an AppleTV to do zwift and I can't move it away from the bike to connect to HR monitor (without bike grabbing it first).  Either the bike should transmit HR to zwift or I should be able to disconnect!

Solution:

Tacx App needs a "Forget Device" option.  (all other apps/devices have this.)  

Alternative solution:

Can I do a factory reset on bike to make it forget the HR monitor?  This could be a workaround...

• is there a solution now? we got our neo bike a week ago an have the same problem. 

• I went out ant bought the HRM-Pro as it actually works.

• I have same issue tacx neo2T +hrm dual connected to fenix6. But I'm using rouvy app which use bth , while trainer connections is stable HR strap is not working. There was fw update pushed weeks ago so thank you garmin for breaking things as always . Option could be downgrade hrm fw but i have no clue how..

• For the below method, you need to purchase a bluetooth HR monitor. 

The only FIX to this is getting the iPad(or any Zwift device to quickly grab your bluetooth HR first).

1. Make sure bike is off and has been off for at least 2 minutes, and quit all APPS on iPad.
    2. Place BT HR on your chest, and wet the pads so it can quickly turn on.
    3. Open the Zwift app and quickly pair the HR.
    4. Now you can plug in the bike and connect it up with zwift.
    5. Like this your allow Zwift to grab the HR connection first, before the BIKE does so. Unfortunately if the bike grabs It firsts, there's no way to disconnect it.

6. If the bike grabs the HR connection first (for some silly reason) it doesn't transmit the HR data to Zwift.....

• Hi Nic,

Thanks for looking at workarounds. I've tried these steps on my last 3 rides using ATV / Fulgaz / TacxNeoBike and each time the HR monitor is prevented from pairing with the Tacx Neo, which means the ATV/Fulgaz app keep hold of the HR ad record it correctly.

Cheers

Mike

• Another expensive option is to the buy the HRM-Dual strap which transmits Bluetooth and ANT+ simultaneously. Bluetooth will go to the iPad, and ANT+ to the NeoBike.

• I am using a Wahoo Tickr HRM and it is able to pair to both the NeoBike and Zwift on Apple TV at the same time.  Not sure if it is using Ant+ for the NeoBike or BT for both though.

My startup process is power up NeoBike, open Zwift app, make sure NeoBike connects, wake up HRM and make sure it pairs, continue to Zwift start menu.

It would be nice if the NeoBike would pass through the HR data and save a BT connection on the Apple TV since it is already reading that data...