Belt torn

After 12 months of use the belt in my Neo bike is torn. When investigating the issue I have also noticed, that the bottom bracket loosens when pedalling. Garmin said, that they would replace my bike (core part), but it seems, that no bikes are available in Europe. I will wait for the period of 30 days since incident and then grab the refund. Not that it is easy to buy anything else these days, but I do not want to have 3'000 EUR invested in useless piece of hardware.

This was my second bike already - first one burned after few hours of use and I returned it to the shop to buy a new one somwhere else (theere were not bikes available to replace the faulty one directly). Handling these things is pain in the back. I really like the concept - so easy to adjust and share the trainer (I am not the only member of the family to cycle indoor). But it must work. Yes, hardware can break, but I do not understand the level/quality of the support. It is so difficult to get hold of anybody in Garmin (often I heard that I must reach out to diffferent team-region or team-product), then I did not hear anything for almost two weeks. I would hope, that Garmin is ready to handle issues of existing customers with better flexibility and phigher priority; I feel like "we have you money so we do not care anymore".

Disappointed.

• I had the same issue this Friday 15th of January 2021.  I had some noise since a while coming form the drive belt, after a check, the belt was slightly destroyed on the side, some filament were touching the plastic protection. the noise has disappeared slowly, still present at the beginning but after 10min, disappeared. And Friday, the belt torned suddenly.

I have contacted Garmin support, I hope they will find a solution but till no answer up to now. No reference belt available anywhere. I am alos really disappointed, because I bought the bike 5 months ago.....

• I had the same issue this Friday 15th of January 2021.  I had some noise since a while coming form the drive belt, after a check, the belt was slightly destroyed on the side, some filament were touching the plastic protection. the noise has disappeared slowly, still present at the beginning but after 10min, disappeared. And Friday, the belt torned suddenly.

I have contacted Garmin support, I hope they will find a solution but till no answer up to now. No reference belt available anywhere. I am alos really disappointed, because I bought the bike 5 months ago.....

• It is not easy to buy origina belt - I have seen it only in one eshop in Europe. You can check several alternatives. I heard, that Garmin replaces the whole bike if the "broken" on was produces before January 2020. ANd true is, that they refused to send me the belt and replaced my bike. I had to wait and chase them for one month.

Belts:

Tacx Belt

Tyma Belt

Dunlop Belp

Gates Belt

• I had the same problem at the same time - the bike made a noise out the box that got worse a year later and the option was send it back to Garmin when you may or may not get a replacement as they were out of stock. I needed a bike so put up with the noise and avoided re-packaging and sending 80Kg at my own cost. The belt has now snapped and the support from Garmin is "your out of warranty but buy a belt on e-bay since we don't stock them anymore and for £32 you can buy the belt tensioner kit to fix it from us". For a £2,300 purchase you would have thought they would support it for more than 3 years.