Tacx Neo Smart Bike Issues with Power

I have had issues with the overall feel of the bike from day one. At lower watts it’s feels okay, but ramp that up a little to around 220 watts or higher and the feels is all wrong. My FTP is 260 watts, I can hold that power for 20 minutes no problem, no effort or sweat. I can hold 320 watts for 6 minutes. But trying to do 5 minute intervals of 220 watts was unmanageable.

It feels about 20% harder than it should and generally feels like cycling through water. There’s no feeling of free movement that you’d find with a chain on a regular bike. It’s just constant hard resistance. Also constantly feel like I’m chasing power: cycle up to 250 watts and it starts pulling you back down, so you put more effort in, back down again, more effort and so on until it’s completely unmanageable.

For the price I paid for it, I am huge disappointed and unhappy that I am a guinea pig that’s bankrolling you guys while you slowly figure out how to actually make your product work. It’s firmware is at 0.4, not even full release. Imagine buying a new car where only 2 of the gears worked and they reassured you that they’d slowly but surely fix this over the space of a year.

As a result my training is completely messed for the year. This is after making huge progress using a Tacx smart trainer and Zwift for years. So it’s not like I’m new to this. I know how it feels at different watts, and this isn’t right at all.