How happy are you with your Tacx NEO Bike Smart?

I'm really interested in the bike, wanting a full featured trainer that I can use with Xert and Trainerroad with Erg mode. I've been using a Peloton with Assioma Duo pedals, an Edge 530 and an iPad to make do until the NEO bike was back in stock

Now that Clever Training has them again, I was on the checkout page when I thought I'd check the forums and DCR review comments and was scared off. However as a happy Fenix 6 Titanium owner I know that the forums are full of complaints and that the folks who are happy tend to be a quiet lot.

So, I'm curious, especially about how y'all with a recently produced unit feel about the bike.

Cheers! 

• Overall, not happy with the bike for the money. 2.5 stars 

The good - ergonomics are pretty good aside from the bizarre brake levers, adjustability is great, can add your own saddle and bars if needed. Bike is super stable at load and overall is comfortable at any time length. Pairs great with Zwift and HR devices. Easy set up assembly and also once set up, you are riding in almost no time. 

The bad, and it’s bad. Crank arms will loosen over time, there is a constant lag in power and there is also a hesitation when coming over the top on the down pedal stroke. I’ve had two bikes now (one was a replacement) and it’s the same issue out of the box.  The flywheel seems to not be balanced and rubs on the something making a grinding noise.  

At this price point, these issues should have never made it to market. Service support has been great, but I should not be their service guy trouble shooting these issue for them. It’s been a continuous never ending back and forth via emails with ultimately no solution insight. I feel like the $3500 would have been better spent on bike and trainer set up. But we wanted something my wife and I could use. 

I would not recommend this product. I hope this truthful feedback is helpful to someone. 

• I've had my Neo Smart bike for almost three years with a lot of usage (agv 150-200km a week), using both TDA and Zwift, with Whoosh and CadeSport thrown in. I am an agreesive rider, often crossing chains and sudden power surges. I have not experienced any lags with power, other than when my internet was poorly and reponsiveness from the online app was out of sync by about a second or two - this doesn't occur often - unless the kids turn on Netflix on both TVs.

Part of my training routine is pedal stroke and I have not experienced the same issue that Blako mentions, even on my 30 second, over the top, push down, pull up, or across the bottom intervals.

Occassionally I get a clunky sound from the cranks, which does go away. I check the screws regularly and have not needed to tighten them. 

• To add my two pence

Bought a smart in May 2022.

Unit went back and was replaced in August 2022 due to grinding noises.

Replacement #1 unit lasted till January 2024 before developing a knocking noise. Unit went back and was replaced.

Replacement #2 developed knocking noises worse than the one I sent back a week or so later.

After I complained about the amount of replacements and that I was extremely concerned at being out of warranty with one of these bikes, Garmin agreed to send an entire new bike rather than a refurbished unit. This also, they confirmed, restarted a new 2 year warranty.

So overall, great customer service but I think it would be fair to say a poor item.

62kg rider, 220w ftp, 5-8hrs/week