Order Tacx Neo Bike from dealers ?

Hey!

When will the information that you can order Tacx Neo Bike from dealers in Scandinavia ?

• Stay away from this product. I am so frustrated.... My bike lasted about 15 minutes. Now I have to organize retour to the shop (bike is heavy -60kg). Garmin questions if my bike is faulty. Check my video - after three minutes of pedaling it smokes. Really.

Video on Facebook

• So I organized transport to the shop, got the money back because the shop did not have any units to replace the faulty one. Then I had to go and buy the bike form another shop (they had last piece). No I just hope it will work as expected.

• hi

Does the second bike works as expected?

• Unfortunately not. I mean, I can use it, but when back-pedalling it makes very strange sound/noise. Of course I do mot plan to use it for back-pedalling, question is how long it will last. I already contacted Tacx, but I expect the receive the same answer: "bring it back to the shop". I am probably missing something, but I was planning to train cycling and not weight lifting....

Vide of the new bike is available here Facebook Video

• My first vote would be to find a dealer and really "try-out" this new generation of bikes.  I've tried both the Tacx and the Kickr bike.  Both feel like they are definitely still in "beta".  I thought the Kickr was a little better, and the software upgrades seemed to iterate faster with significant improvements between versions.  Tracking in ERG mode was better... and "bike feel" was approaching their standalone versions.  The Tacx bike I think for most people at this point is unusable as a "smart" bike and still feels very "dumb".  The hardware is really very good.  It's easy to set up and would be better in a multiuser household than the Kickr.  It's just that the integration with 3rd party software is horrible.

The KIckr bike I bought online through Wahoo.  The delivery and setup process was pretty drawn out.  Two months after they charged my credit card the bike finally delivered, dumped in my back yard.  Dragging it downstairs was a pain.  The setup directions are good, but it still takes some time.  The first version of the firmware was 1.4.  I would rate it as unusable.  Version 1.6 released last month, while much better, still has some problems.  Ultimately, I decided to return the bike.  This process is also time-consuming...a month for the return shipping boxes to arrive and two to three weeks for credit card refund, plus a $250 return fee.  I figured TACX had to be better.  After all, it took them forever to release the bike.  While the bike is good, the firmware is not.  This bike, though, I purchased from a dealer, with setup and delivery included.  When I decided to return it, the dealer offered to come and pick it up (Ok I am going back to a freestanding trainer and purchased my bike and the trainer from them).  The process has been painless.

In addition, I have a Peloton bike, and I think both Wahoo and Garmin could learn some things from Peloton.  First, this is a very different product than they are accustomed to selling.  People really need to try it out.  Dealers are a perfect place to do that and get the best impression of the bike.  Setup and delivery matter.  The experience starts with delivery.  Peloton delivers and sets up the bike. Again it is painless.  And finally software matters.  The "fake it until you make it" approach that I think both Wahoo and Garmin are taking, will give many people a poor first impression of these bikes.

Ultimately wait for Gen 2.

• Some smoke is actually normal if you ride it hard, there was a technical explanation for it from the designer once on the Neo FB page (its the same break), it will discharge some smoke mostly when you ride it harder then before. After that it will not smoke anymore until you push it to a new record. I'm guessing your bike just needed to be used & bedded in a bit.

• Hi, you may be right in some cases, definitely not in mine. First of all it not "some smoke". It was like if the bike was burning. And second the bike displayed ERROR sign on the screen and resistance was gone. Then - probably after it ciooled down - I was able to restart the procedure and after the cca three minutes it wuld end up with lot of smoke and no resistance.

Secone bike works so far, but the sounds are far from I would consider normal. Nonetheless Garmin confirmed in writing that it was normal so should things go worse later I have something in my hands.

Regards

• Oh for sure that does not sound good at all, hope the replacement works out for you

• As mentioned. I think the first generation has too many problems and while the bike is too heavy to transport (like for example the post will not accept it for transport) it isnot as easy to deal with problems. But lets see..... Cheers.