Left/right Cadence missing (macOS Tacx Trainer v 4.49.7 )

Hi All ,

Left/right balance uploads fine with  FR955   , I'm using Tacx NEO 2T indoor Trainer  , I'm using   connect.garmin.com.   to check the stats 

uploading/saving  the  workout result with "macOS Tacx Trainer app. version 4.49.7 " does not upload Left/right  Cadence

is this a bug ?   

• it's pointless to watch the "balance" with a Neo (or any indoor trainer) , it is an estimated balance which is very far from the true leg balance... Only the dual-sided pedal based or crank-based (but only the InfoCrank, forget all the the Shimano garbage) powermeters can show you true leg balance.

just pedal only one leg and check the Neo balance, it wont be 100-0 or 0-100%... so how can it be accurate with 2 legs :D

but probably "bug" because for this as i remember the receiver should work in the cycling dynamics mode (the Garmin devices know this but the apps not, just the normal mode)

• @ Luko79:  NEO 2T records many times a second the power transmitted from the chain to the powerunit.  How does it know which leg delevired the power? Well, the cadence sensor, placed at the left side, in the casing, is assumed to give a signal at a certain point of the revolution of the cranck. On that basis the top and bottom dead points are calculated from two cadence consecutive signals ( = one full revolution). The power measurements from top to bottom is then assigned to the left leg and the bottom to top to the right leg. That is how it is done. This is a smart and usefull approximation of a two independant leg measurement.

@Derryck: A bug? Helas, no.  The cadence data are not recorded by the Taxc apps. When a (suitable) Garmin device is used, then that device records the data. So, that is the way to get them in the Garmin app. 

• man, that is not true leg balance. it can just split for 2 parts : left "balance"= left push and right pull phase and right "balance" = right push and left pull. the problem is that from the pulsating rhythm of the pedaling the neo can only "estimate" where is the peaks (and it is far from accurate measurement). similar as the spider -based powermeters are guessing the balance. just try to pedal with one leg and you will see it is a gimmick...

• if you dont believe me, here is the "newest and greatest" Neo3 (which is similar as 2t/2 or 1) , the Neo's estimated balance is far off from the real balance from a dual-sided pedal:

it is the entire ride:

Neo3: L48.3-R51.7%                189.2W

Assioma Duo  L49.6-R50.4%   189.9W

but if you select a longer range, the "anomalies" is starting:

Neo3 L48.7-R51.3 201.2W so the Neo estimated your right leg is stronger 

Assioma Duo: L50.1-R49.9 202.1W so 50-50 but a bit the left leg is stronger, but it is the true balance.

so my question is why does anybody wanna watch a totally guess-o-meter data? if you have any injury or real leg balance, the Neo will show totally different value, that is 100% sure. trust only in a dual pedal (or Infocrank), nothing else.