Update frequency of power data, BT/ANT+?

I understand that ANT+ is capable of sending data at 4Hz, and Bluetooth can do much higher frequencies.  What is the actual frequency that the Neo 2T sends power data to Zwift?  Is ANT+ or BT faster? 

Now that the Wahoo Kickr V6 trainer has "race" mode data at 10Hz, I'm wondering what my 2T sends data at, and if there it is best to use BT or ANT+ for the highest data rate?

Thanks!

• The update frequency of power data transmitted through Bluetooth (BT) or ANT+ depends on several factors such as the device being used, the specific protocol being used, and the settings configured by the user.

Generally, most modern cycling power meters and indoor trainers can transmit power data at a frequency of up to 1 Hz (one update per second) using either Bluetooth or ANT+. However, some devices may offer higher update rates, such as 2 Hz or even 4 Hz.

It's worth noting that higher update rates can result in more accurate and responsive data, but they can also have an impact on battery life and signal stability. Therefore, it's important to balance the need for accuracy and responsiveness with the practical considerations of device usage.

In addition, the specific Bluetooth or ANT+ protocol being used can also affect the update frequency of power data. For example, the ANT+ FE-C protocol used by indoor trainers can support higher update rates than the standard ANT+ power meter protocol.

Ultimately, the update frequency of power data will depend on the capabilities of the device being used and the settings configured by the user. It's worth consulting the documentation for your specific device to determine its capabilities and optimal settings.

BallSportsPro

• Thanks for the response, but...  I specifically asked about the Tracx Neo 2T, and whether it can match the "race mode" power frequency rate of the Wahoo Kicker V6, and whther BT or Ant+ would be the faster protocal to use with the 2T.  I cannot find any information on the power data transfer rate in the Neo 2T documentation, which is why I asked here.

• if You have android mobile, install the nRF Connect for Mobile app, pair the 2T to this and start to pedal and check how fast is the changing of the power values. as i know it is refreshing at 4HZ with 4 (or just 2???, use screen recorder and later you can easily count it in slowmo, as i heard, it faster on BT than on ANT+) different power values via BT (with Neo1 it is only 1 power value on both protocol and the transfer freq is also 4HZ as on ANT+ too, i have Neo1). the transfer freq is just 1 thing, pedal based powermeters like Vector/Rally with cycling dynamics work on 8HZ (the rest of the powermeters on 4HZ), the question is how much DIFFERENT data package (aka different power values ) are in it, usually only 1 or rarely 2, and the rest of it just for the higher data protection as duplications (if there are dropped packages during the sending/receivng)

I dont think that the 2T will ever know 10HZ (or faster) dataflow, the Neo 3 will (it is the Garmin's selling strategy...)

• Wow, did you even read the question before pasting in the boilerplate?  The question was how fast the Tacx Neo 2t sends power data out.  The Wahoo Kickr advertises their 10Hz rate, what does the 2t do?

• Wow, did you even read the question before pasting in the boilerplate?  The question was how fast the Tacx Neo 2t sends power data out.  The Wahoo Kickr advertises their 10Hz rate, what does the 2t do?