Neo 2T disc brake caliper rubbing

Hi,

I got a Neo 2T and using it with a Cube bike. The bike has disc brakes and the caliper is rubbing against the Neo's black enclosure.

Some write that they use spacers on the axle, but I would be reluctant to do that, since with the 142 mm through axle adapters the width of the rear fork is a given as far as I know.

My only solution for now was to loosen the caliper's two bolts. That way the whole caliper can slide to the outter side of the frame a bit. Not ideal, cos when I put the wheel back, I have to re-set the caliper to the brake rotor every time... 

• mine was touching the Neo enclosure as you mentioned. I added the single silver spacer (about 2-3mm) between the adapter and the Neo which gave it a little clearance. didn't cause any issues with the thru axel or bike frame

• I don't have a washer at hand... will hopefully use the neo less and less as the weather gets better. Will try this back in Autumn for sure. Till then, the couple of rides I'll unscrew the caliper for now. Thanks for the tip. It seems that some of us have this issue. I think it would be a matter of a small dimple in the enclosure's plastic right at that spot...

• I have the same problem. If i don't tighten the bolt then it gives a 'little' bit of slack but calliper is still wedged against the casing. I think its because i use a combination of a santa cruz stigmata and Hope RX4 brake callipers which leave very little room for clearance against the spokes. I will try the spacer option but i'd be concerned about 'bending' the carbon frame - but maybe a few mm is ok?

• yea, the few mm bend is my concern too. I'll still keep the caliper's bolts loosened and will slide in something against the rub, some thin rubber or soft cloth, whatever. to be honest, I could even just unscrew the whole caliper. Only using the Neo when the weather is no longer suitable for outside riding, but those two bolts takes only a few mins to re-do anyways...

• I'm having the same issue. I'm using the 0.5mm spacer provided and it "solves" the disc brake rubbing problem, but then the quick release of my bike doesn't go through the whole axle anymore like when it is mounted with the wheel, so worried about the bending as well. I'm considering buying the "T2835 Direct drive quick release with adapter set 142x12mm" as that seems to be longer than the quick release of my bike hence having more in the other side to properly support the bike, I'm not entirely sure this will solve the problem (and it will cost another €45), but that is probably what I'll try. Anyone has tried that?

FWIW, my bike is a Canyon Ultimate CF SL 8.0 with disc brakes.

• Here are the pictures of the difference of the same thru-axle 12x142 which came with the bike mounted in the bike and mounted in the trainer with the 5mm spacer. After watching this video of Shane where in the end he mentions the bike doesn't really sit on the axle but on the frame and as long as that is locked I'm less concerned about it (but still concerned). Any comments on this are appreciated. 

Bike:

Trainer with 5mm spacer:

• Hi, I want to replace my caliper to HOPE RX4+. Have you resolved the problem with 5mm spacer ?

Thank you very much ^_^

• this article helped me , had the same problem with Superior bike X-Road .. 

https://tacxfaqx.com/knowledge-base/neo-disc-brake-spacer/

• Thank you very much, the problem have resolved. 

• Have the same issue and have resolved it the same way the the thru-axle looks just like yours. Any update on our mutual concern of bending/stretching the frame? I’d does stretch a little wider when on the trainer vs. the bike. Did anyone try to find a shorter than the 142mm adapter? That might solve the issue, right?