Road feel

Hi, I'm a newbie. I'm really enjoying the film rides on the Tacx training app, but I'm slightly disappointed to have not experienced the road feel yet. I'm on one month's free trial on the premium level, is it that the road feel is not available for trial users, or is it that the Waserdale and Box Hill films were't recorded with the road feel information. I have also downloaded the utility and checked the firmware, and checked the road feel is on. Any help would be welcome.

• Hi there, I've only had my trainer for a bit over a month and just recently (3 days ago) finished my 1 month free trial.  I can tell you that I only felt the "road feel" when riding over cobblestone or gravel type roads.  I just road the Flanders, Ijzer Front 1914-18 ride today and I did have the bumpy road feel for the first few miles of that ride.  If I remember right the Dolomites - The Ciclabile delle Dolomiti route also has a gravel section.   There are many other routes available that have cobblestone or gravel sections, sorry I can't think of any others off hand.  Keep riding, you'll find them.  It is kinda strange when it first happens, your pedals and feet vibrate but nothing else. 

Good riding

• Something to keep in mind is that in order for you to experience road feel, the route/film you are riding has to have either been produced with or updated to include road feel.

• Thank you, yes I’ve done the first couple of Eroica stages and you even get wheel slip on the steep gravel parts. I’ve had to download the movie onto my MS Surface via the Desktop app, I couldn’t find the download option in the IOS app for iPhone or Ipad, does the download option only exist on the Desktop app?

• All the rides in the tacx apps should have road feeling if there is a section that needs it, the default is tarmac so you need a section of cobbles or some gravel, perhaps a good section of pave in a village. If the section is very short like less then 50m then it may not activate.