My new Neo2 SE slips at 800W in Zwift but not with Tacx app. Any Idea how to fix?

As explained under subject my Neo2 SE slips in Zwift at 800W. Used gears 53/15 starting at 90rpm.

Using the Tacx app I was not able to produce any slip.

Weight setting in Zwift and Tacx app are identical. Trainer Difficulty about 50%. Should not matter so much on flat course.

Any idea how to fix?

• if the used gears were exactly the same in both apps, then probably the trainer were hotter in Zwift when You tried to sprint comparing to the Tacx app. 

My advice is : do not sprint with Neo (just with the 2T or 3M), if you wanna race in Zwift and do sprints all the time regularly, this is not your indoor trainer (Kickrs are better and measure fake higher power also with ~5%). it is perfect for ERG training between 300-500W for hours (so all pros can train on it even with very intense workouts also) but its sprint capability is limited. the 2T/3M has stronger magnets but some very good sprinters have problem with these too. 

• Thanks, I will return it then. Dissapointing that they claim 2400W and at 1/3 it starts slipping. The HW seems to be OK but it looks like a FW issue to me..

• but it looks like a FW issue to me..

Experiment with different firmware versions if you wish.

• there is no new FW for Neo2 family since years. so your SE is on the latest (because it is a "new" hybrid model) for sure. i think the slip is depending on the sprinting's style, if somebody has a very quick acceleration, then it cant handle that and slip happens, if it is a 'slower' acceleration, then it can brake it without noticable slip. Btw, was a short slip and after it could brake enough or you cant sprint above 800W due to continous slip (so not just a short slip period)? Do you use both app via same protocol (BT? or BT for Tacx and ANT+ for Zwift?)

• Hi Luko,

the SE was shipped with the second last FW. Updated it to the latest right away. It was slipping at acceleration for 2-3 strokes. Afterwards Power could be increased. In Zwift if was connected via ANT+ Garmin dongle (Win 10 PC). In Tacx probably via BT on my Tablet. That was the next step on my checklist. However, as the 14day return window was closing I sent it back today.

Ordered a NEO2T bundle with the motion plates and HR strap for 1200€. Looked also as a good offer and hopefully fixes the slip issue for me.

Thanks for your support!

• Ah, good, yes, that is better choice for sure than normal N2 or N2SE. Btw, use BT, or if you wanna use ANT+ ( i am using that one with Neo1 and Zwift), switch off the "ANT legacy speed/cadence sensor" in the tacx app Neo details (the Neo2 family has this option , it can increase the signal quality via ANT+ in any app). And i suggest to use an usb extension cord with the ANT+ stick and place it to the left side of the Neo, the minimum range is the best for the flawless signal quality. But via BT the dataflow is faster a bit , so if the sprinting is a key point , better to use BT in Zwift also (some says via BT the Neo2 family has 4HZ dataflow, via ANT+ is is just 1HZ for sure, the Neo1 has 1HZ on both :) )

BTW: the ANT+ collosion (conflict between the FE-C and legacy ANT+ freq, it happens in every ~200-210sec apprx ) can cause this short slip (which is not a slip just the trainer is not changing resistance in time and there is a 2-3sec "slip" aka delay). That "ANT legacy speed/cadence sensor" disabling can solve this kind of issue.