HRM sensor via USB Dongle not working

Winter is coming and I started using the Tacx Neo 2 yesterday. The app was updated, but still there is no heart rate (I tried with both HRM1 and HRM Run). On my Windows 10 Laptop the USB dongle is recognized properly, but the HRMs are not recognized. It works fine with Zwift, but not with the Tacx App - no connection to the HRM at all. This is very annoying.

GARMIN please fix this - it seeems to be an issue for quite a while!

• Same problem for me. Garmin helpdesk not proving helpful on this. Do I need a very specific ant+ usb dongle??

• This is what I wonder as well. However, the USB device itself is recognized correctly (Windows Device Manager), and the Tacx App (Windows) sees that there is ANT+ available (which is not the case when there is no dongle connected), but it does not find the HRM. On Zwift it worked flawlessly on the same computer with the same devices connected, thus it seems to be one of the major issues within the Tacx App.

• Would anyone know if a garmin HRM DUEL would solve the problem, so I use bluetooth to connect HRM to desktop app?

• I tried on another computer with the same USB dongle - same results. It seems it is "just" the Tacx App that does not work. USB device recognition is fine, Zwift is recognizing the HRM belt.

GARMIN - please!

• Is the Zwift app a UWP app from the Microsoft Store on Windows?

I know the Tacx Desktop app is.This may be a more general Microsoft Store UWP app problem.

From experience I know that UWP apps from the Microsoft Store have some strange requirements for Bluetooth. The Tacx Desktop app cannot detect the Bluetooth my laptop. To use my Tacx Neo 2T I have to disable the built in Bluetooth and use and external USB Bluetooth dongle.

• Thanks for your reply with an interesting aspect.
    The built-in Bluetooth connects to the Neo 2 T without problems when using the Tacx app. The app also shows the ANT+ as "active" when the dongle is connected, and it is inactive when I remove the dongle. In my eyes this is a clear indicator that the overall device recognition is working, but the detection of ANT+ HRM device inside the app is broken.

• The app was updated, but still there is no heart rate

That is, you are not sure whether there was previously such a version of the TDA in which the heart rate monitor was recognized and worked. If there was such a version, then the solution is simple - to roll back to this version.

• I started training with the Neo2 in March this year, first with Zwift, then with the Tacx app. In the TDA the HRM never worked for me, thus I don't know if it ever worked.

• The Zwift web site is not working properly for but from what I could find the Zwift Windows app is not a Microsoft Store UWP app. This allows it to directly access connected peripherals such as your HRM.

Microsoft Store UWP apps run in a sandbox and can only access connected peripherals through the sandbox. What the sandbox chooses to allow and block is a question for Microsoft.

your easiest solution, if you want to use Tacx Desktop, is to get a HRM that uses Bluetooth. If you have one of the Garmin watches that can broadcast heart rate over Bluetooth that may also work.

• I have no trouble to connect HRM-PRO or Wahoo TickR to TDA using BT or ANT+. I've just tried all four connections. Example from TickR over ANT+ below. Others available on request, but the story is the same.

I'm running a clean copy (self install onto clean disk) of Windows 10 Pro 21H2. This is my dedicated Zwift PC, so no other software to mess things up. I installed TDA only recently, purely to test its connectivity as per this discussion, and it's fine. I use a Tacx T2028 ANT+ dongle. Bluetooth is integrated.

It should work. If it doesn't then I'm afraid I do not know why. I'm afraid I can't troubleshoot a working system. Sorry you're having less luck than me.