Erg Mode Activate with Garmin Edge 830

Hey Guys quick question, Seem to be running into a problem where i can connect a neo 2t to the garmin edge 830 as an indoor trainer, however when i start a workout from the edge, ERG mode doesn't seem to be active, ie. there is 0 resistance, and yes i have checked and run the same workout in Zwift and it worked fine.

Does anyone have any ideas why this may be so please, is there a way to reactivate/turn on erg.

Thanks

• I don't have a 2T and 830, but a 2 and a fenix 6X with trainer control, plus Zwift on PC with ANT+ throughout, rather than Bluetooth. 

The watch can control the trainer as expected and, if I run a workout controlled by Zwift instead of the watch, the watch can display the target Watts set by Zwift, so they see seem to play along quite well together.

Obviously you can only have one device effecting resistance control, or they just fight with each other. If you want the 830 to control the trainer while you're on Zwift you must unpair the controllable trainer in Zwift. I'm guessing that zero resistance is created from conflicting trainer control signals, but it is a guess.