Three faulty NEOs.

Brake failed on first one after 18 months of light use. Replacement failed out of the box as no cadence. That replacement arrived tonight. Looks to be a repaired unit. Sounds like something clanking around inside the “flywheel” like a metal object bouncing of the sides of a spinning washing machine. Time to say goodbye to a Tacx after nearly 30 years or just unlucky?

• Oh no! That clanging noise you are hearing is likely caused by a tiny piece of debris on the coils/magnets.  Where are you located? If you contact Garmin support we can send you out a extractor tool to remove the disc and clean it up.

• Yes, my thought exactly. Is this the beginning of the end for Tacx? If I was your CFO I would want to understand about all the costs of poor quality. The unit is on its way back to you in the morning. A brand new unit is being supplied but not until April. It’s a poor quality product backed up by a poor warranty and even poorer attention to supplying a fully functioning replacement unit. Sending out old units that really should be scrapped is not a way to maintain a brand’s reputation. I’d spend the marketing on sorting out the mess first. I would ensure I made a claim under the warranties against the sellers of Tacx to you. Happy to meet your Board and give them first hand insight. I voted with my feet today and bought a competitors product.