ERG Mode not working AGAIN in Win10 Tacx Desktop App (TDA) with the update 1.24.0.0 of 19/08/2021.

Dear Garmin Support,

The same problem occurred again that happened with the update of 05/26/2021 of version 1.21.2.0 that ended up breaking the operation of the training in ERG mode (for more details view this thread: https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/indoor-training/f/tacx-flux-s/248510/erg-mode-not-working#pifragment-744=1)

With the update of version 1.24.0.0 of 08/19/2021, the operation of ERG mode was broken again for the Tacx Windows 10 desktop application or TDA.

In my case I use ANT+ with the Windows PC to connect the Flux S with the Tacx desktop application, as always. There are no ANT+ connectivity problems at all, and in simulation mode I have not noticed that it works badly so far, but the same problem that happened previously with version 1.21.2.0 repeats that did not work the training with ERG mode, which solved it then with version 1.21.3.0 dated 6/16/2021.

I ask you please again to release the corresponding Update to solve this problem as soon as possible and try please! in the future not to repeat these errors that were reported in a timely manner.

Stay tuned to your comments,
Regards!

• Estimated Garmin Support,

Any news with this issue!?

Keep waiting for the solution to this problem.

Regards.

• Garmin Support,

No news about the bug fix with ERG mode from version 1.24.0.0 of 08/19/2021?

I keep waiting for an answer at least from Garmin Support. Meanwhile having to use an Android device with a 6.5 inch screen to be able to train with the ERG mode of an expensive trainer, which gives more problems than satisfactions!

Regards,

Robert.

• Hi Robert!

I had the same issue, contacted support, but did not get any answer too...

David

• Hi David, thanks for your answer!!

Yesterday I also contacted Garmin support by email detailing this problem with the last Update that came for the TDA. For now without any news! It is quite frustrating not only that they repeat mistakes and do not learn from them, but also that they do not acknowledge receipt of the problem!

We are in contact by this channel.

Best regards!

Robert.

• Hi Robert. I had a few mails with the (french) technical support friday, detailling my ERG mode issues. The guy told me he will inform concerned people. No TDA update yet so I suppose the issue is still open... It's a pity not being able to fully enjoy this expensive toy in reason of development bugs...

• Hi, I appreciate your comments!!

So far on my side I only have one support ticket assigned and no response from the Garmin support side ... and it's been a week now (Ref: 20127462K1 Q#: 1005157).

If it is unfortunate that one accustomed to training with that ERG mode functionality from the Windows TDA App on a large screen and putting some video in the background, have to end up running from the screen of the Android cell phone, it is not a big problem, but I invested some money in adapting the Windows PC to be able to connect via ANT+ with the Flux S, and that from time to time due to a little-tested update I end up not being able to use that functionality.

Another problem that is happening to me I do not know if it also happens to you with the TDA App is that in GPS mode when I put the screen that shows the map and it moves through it as one advances in the GPS route, it is screen ends up hanging irretrievably, and I have to go to the other data screen only ... another Bug that I could not find the solution. If someone has it, it will be more than welcome ;) !!

Kind regards,
    Robert.

• Dear Flux S users, a new update 1.24.2.0 dated 09/09/2021 of the TDA Win10 App was installed today. At first I was testing the training function in ERG mode a bit and it seems that the problem that I had not control the resistance of the smart trainer to the power of each step of the workout was corrected.

I have to try more and better, but good news at last!

I am attentive to your feedback,

Thanks Garmin Support, and please keep all the previous capabilities working every time you release a new Update!

Kind regards,

Robert

• a new update 1.24.2.0 dated 09/09/2021 of the TDA Win10 App was installed today

If a version is released in which everything finally works, then disable automatic application updates:
    https://winbuzzer.com/2020/07/17/how-to-turn-off-automatic-updates-for-microsoft-store-apps-in-windows-10-xcxwbt/

• Same here. I was in contact with Garmin Support about this issue as well. It seems they heard and fixed the problem with the 1.24.2.0. Thanks a lot for this.

But one problem still remains: I cannot delete any trainings I have created myself in the TDA? This works well in the android-app and in the iOS-App ...

• Thanks Alex! 

I am going to consider disabling Automatic Updates, hopefully I can do it just for this Tacx App.

Best Regards!!