Firmware rollback possible?

Today i run update for my Tacx Flux S in android utility app. It got stuck on uploading for like 10 minutes so i cancelled it. Now my trainer wont work with any app, power led is orange (software issues?). Zwif and Tacx can both find it, but no output while pedalling... In utility app it connects fine, but update now says its up to date (3.3.40 / 1.1.3). I also tried facotry reset in app, and it did nothing, still on 3.3.40 / 1.1.3. Is there anything i can do? Like manually download old firmware and flash it, or repair the new update. Thanks for help.

• What is the solution? I am using Tacx Flux S. Now there is only one App Tacx Training. Please help

• So I got the same issue. I did the following things to get it working again:

1. Download & install the old Tacx utility App. (not in the app store anymore but still available in apk format: https://m.apkpure.com/tacx-utility/tacx.android.utility)
    2. Download the restore file that has been posted here on the formum here: https://download.garmin.com/support/Fitness/Tacx/Flux_S/restore.tacxfirmware 
    3. Download the Files by google app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.nbu.files&hl=en&gl=US 
    4. Use de Files app to browse to the "restore.tacxfirmware" file
    5. For me there was ".zip" added to the file, remove this so it is only "restore.tacxfirmware"
    6. Click "open with" and select the Tacx utility App
    7. Click on the tacx trainer to connect
    8. In the menu goto Update
    9. Press install
    10. At 50% the app gave me an error to unplug the tacx
    11. Leave the notification open, unplug the tacx for 5 seconds and then replug
    12. Wait until boot en click "ok" on the notification in the app
    13. The update continues until it works again.

Hope it helps someone else.

• I realise this is resurrecting an old post but i had the dreaded red / green flashing light that came out of nowhere after months of use. Trawled the internet look for help and even spoke to Garmin who gave me a patch file for the latest update that failed time after time.  Found the above post and followed it step by step and a miracle happened - my tacx flux s is now up and running again.

Only comment to add is that i found a had to turn the power on and off a few times until i got the amber power light instead of the red/green which allowed me to apply the firmware update.

Thanks a lot to the above poster - hope this also helps someone in the future.

• I've been looking for this information for a long time and I found it, Thanks for sharing

• I'll do my best to guide you through troubleshooting the issue with your Tacx Flux S trainer.

Here are the steps you can take:

1. Reattempt the Update:

• Launch the Tacx Utility app again.
          • Connect your trainer and try to update the firmware once more. Ensure a stable internet connection.
          • If it still gets stuck, consider trying with a different device (like a computer) or a different internet connection.

1. Force a Firmware Rollback (if available):

• Tacx might offer older firmware versions on their website.
          • Visit their support page or contact them directly to inquire about rollback options.
          • If available, download the older firmware and follow their instructions for manually flashing it.

1. Thorough Troubleshooting:

• Power Cycle: Unplug the trainer from the power outlet for at least 30 seconds, then plug it back in.
          • Reset Connections: Disconnect and re-pair the trainer with your apps and devices.
          • Check Cables: Ensure all cables are securely connected, both to the trainer and your power outlet.
          • Try a Different Device: Test the trainer with another device or computer to rule out app-specific issues.
          • Factory Reset (Again): Repeat the factory reset process, ensuring you follow the steps correctly.

1. Contact Tacx Support:

• If none of these measures resolve the issue, reach out to Tacx's customer support for further assistance.
          • Provide them with detailed information about the problem, the steps you've taken, and the firmware versions involved.
          • They might offer more tailored troubleshooting steps or a potential replacement if the trainer is faulty.

Additional Tips:

• Check Tacx Forums and Communities: Search for similar experiences and potential solutions shared by other users.

• Consider Third-Party Tools (if applicable): Some advanced users have reported success with third-party tools to force firmware updates, but proceed with caution and research thoroughly before using them.

I hope these steps help you get your Tacx Flux S trainer back in working order!