RESISTANCE VERY HEAVY.

Last week bought a brand new TF 2 smart trainer. Bike shop installed brand new 11 speed 11-30 casette.  When ridy my first movie ride BRUGGE (really FLAT) in the TACX training app i instant felt that my pedalling is very heavy.  During the specific ride mostly at 0% ,pedaling is heavy but in eg in the innercity of Brugge a slight 1% climb makes pedaling sooo hard i think something is really wrong with my trainer.  Did calibration by the TAcx Utilty app en got the lates firmware but nothing is working or helping;  Cycling like this is not funny anymore.  Contacted Garmin support more than a week ago by answering a mail i got from them where i have to describe the problem.  uptil now no reaction yet Disappointed  I also tried Zwift and also there the same problem of heavy pedaling .  Pleas Garmin+Tacx help me with this because i am really disappointed/ kind regards Sven 

• Hi nope. got 2 Garmin replacement and all same problem. Got my money back, Riding Wahoo now and is Ok hand

• I just joined to trainer world yesterday and faced this very same problem in Zwift. Super hard even in lightest gear. 

I managed to solve it with Tacx companion app. I disconnected my Mac's bluetooth connection, opened Tacx app -> Settings -> Training Settings. My FTP was set to 250 (this is second hand trainer) and Grade Modifier was 100%. I change to FTP 150 and Grade Modifier to 50% and suddenly everything changed. Now I am able to pedal normally. I haven't had time to test anything else but this yet but hopefully it is solved now. 

• If it works for you then that’s all that matters, lots of Tacx trainer users report this issue, some never seem to have it resolved so they might benefit from your experience.

My doubts though are that I would have thought those training settings (and others like weight etc) in the Tacx app were only used by the Tacx app when it was controlling the trainer and not when swift or another app was. The calibration factor is written to the trainer for general use but that is the only one (so I believe), you can only calibrate the trainer via the Tacx app or a Garmin edge device.  Zwift has its own ftp & grade modifier for use while it is controlling the trainer.

Hope it continues to work for you, I put the “heavy resistance” on my flux down to me just being hopeless!

• My original TACX trainer was actually working for about a year.  Then the resistance problem started. Meanwhile I have gotten the third replacement from GARMIN since no troubleshooting could fix anything.  80W and I was out of my seat pushing really hard like 20%+ incline!  rode the last replacement once and it felt ok.  Got excited!  the ride to today was back to frustration.  Exactly what everyone here described.  Resistance feels way higher than the wattage that shows.  I had a long ride and my knees starting hurting (they usually don't!).  I felt shot when I was done and still had a run to do.  BTW: Treshold rides became impossible in the recent past because of the high resistance.....I am just climbing.....   very disappointed about this trainer!!  The next one is definitely not a TACX anymore!

• Heii!! I have the same problem, about heavy pedalling. Tacx flux S.

Calibration dont gave results.  Someone said that should try factory reset, but how?.theres no tacx utility app in google store 

• theres no tacx utility app in google store 

Installers here:
    https://apkpure.com/tacx-utility/tacx.android.utility/versions
    Don't forget to turn off automatic app updates.

• I just got my TF2 and it is the same as y'al report. It seems to me that the trainer is not calibrated to simulate riding effort properly.